Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 5, 2009, 5:10 AM   #1

Default Blu-Ray software

Hi,

Just back from cape town on my 1st trip with my new HD1000 and would love to know what software people use to make blu-ray dvds? Just bought a PS3 and a blu-ray burner. My movie clips are all 720p @60fps, so would I lose quality if I burn them onto blu-ray disks?

Also is there a better way to join small clips together or just do it via the HD1000?

Cheers
Mark
Sadgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:32 AM   #2

Blu-Ray supports 720/60p, you should not loose any quality. Some Blu-Ray players don't play 720/60p disks, make sure your player/burner supports them, you could make test DVD/Blu-Ray disk first.

There is lots of different editing programs, I can't recommend any because I prefer to do small cut/join editing with camera.

Last edited by Quenaelin; Sep 15, 2009 at 7:48 AM.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2009, 4:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quenaelin View Post
Blu-Ray supports 720/60p, you should not loose any quality. Some Blu-Ray players don't play 720/60p disks, make sure your player/burner supports them, you could make test DVD/Blu-Ray disk first.

There is lots of different editing programs, I can't recommend any because I prefer to do small cut/join editing with camera.
thanks for this. I have decided to skip buying a Blu-ray burner and just put the videos onto a usb stick and then into the PS3.. works brilliantly.

I might just use the camera as well for the cut/join as I have found nothing else that can work with the 60fps

cheers
Mark
Sadgit is offline   Reply With Quote