Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 2, 2010, 3:02 PM   #11

Default Your right

I have the same problem. Support knows of the problem, but told me tough luck. Mine works on the power cord. I may either sell it or try to fix it. Support was no help at all. (surprise!!)
Dashlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:37 AM   #12

Default Firmware update site

http://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1404219

Be careful because if you do this wrong you could brick your camcorder. I used this firmware to update my HD1010 to 1.10. If anyone has a changelog please post the link.
This won't fix your charging problem though. Sounds like you need to order a new docking station.

Last edited by alfmeister; Mar 25, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
alfmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:55 PM   #13

no luck with this, Sanyo support sucks. I ended up boxing it up and mailing it to them with a sad note explaining my situation. That was 2 months ago and i have heard nothing. They didnt even send it back. I will never buy a Sanyo product again
Focus112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:02 PM   #14

Call consumer affairs or consumer reports and the better business etc and explain the situation and their lack of even responding to you. It couldnt hurt.
Markinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:38 AM   #15

Default UPDATE Charging Issue Kinda Fixed

OK I talked to Sanyo and like I said, they know of the problem with the 1010 AND 1000. As everyone said, its a hardware problem. As you swing the "view finder screen" out, the connector is faulty. To get the camera to charge, do the following:
Lay camera on its side view finder screen up.
Plug in charger, do not use the cradel
Open up view finder screen.
GENTLY move the screen up and down until the red light stays on. This takes a little time, but once you find it, you know how to do it.
Last step, sell the camera

This worked for me and I hope it may help others.
Dashlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:44 PM   #16

I charge mine in the dock with the LCD closed, I have the LCD open to download my videos but then take it out of the dock, close the LCD and put it back in, try this and see if it works.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:19 AM   #17

I haven't run across this problem at all but perhaps it's because I just don't use the docking station? I bought a very nice compact portable charger that works in the car as well as 120V. This has kept my two batteries working just fine. It was $30-$40. What's somewhat confusing in this thread is wether the camera just won't charge the batteries when it's in the cradle or that it won't even operate with a verfied fully charged battery. The later one is very alarming.

From reading the posts it appears that both these very different symptoms are discussed in this thread?

Could someone clarify this?

Bob S.

Last edited by staats; Apr 24, 2010 at 4:29 AM.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmeister View Post
http://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1404219

Be careful because if you do this wrong you could brick your camcorder. I used this firmware to update my HD1010 to 1.10. If anyone has a changelog please post the link.
This won't fix your charging problem though. Sounds like you need to order a new docking station.
I know this won't fix the problem referenced in this threads title but what will this firmware update accomplish?

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:56 PM   #19

I got my camera used before two weeks , it is in operation 11 months and needs 11 days to become 1 year old .

No problems at all .

About the firmware updates ..
The Japanese site offers the update , so the camera to able to recognize extremely large size SD cards .. up to 2 Terabytes .

The European Sanyo , are making right now , another firmware update , about adding European languages ( Greek and another two ) .
This update its not ready yet for the HD1010 , but only for the HD2000.
This firmware update erases languages as traditional Chinese - Chinese - Korean , and adds the European.

About the charging "issue" I do not think that is an general one,
that is effecting all cameras .

My advice , as is and the common sense, use gently the camera, its and every time.

I am 41 years old , and I know how to babysit photographic equipment,
the most young people do not .

I had send an email to Germany about the specific release date, of the European firmware for the HD1010.
As soon I get some feedback , I would inform the forum.

Last edited by kiriakost; Oct 16, 2010 at 8:52 PM.
kiriakost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:30 PM   #20

Old thread, but I'll give it a try!
Has anyone managed to find a cure for the battery issue? Battery Depleted, yet fully charged?
Can use it with an external iwalk power pack, with correct power tip, but if anyone knows of an easy fix, that would be great. Reading the messages, it appears that it's hardware, but if it's a simple fix, then it would be worth a try!
sean0038 is offline   Reply With Quote