Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 22, 2009, 9:36 PM   #1

Default HD1010 wont charge

My sanyo HD1010 stopped charging. I have 2 battaries that are completly depleted and when i put the camera in the dock to charge the red lightr goes on for about 10 seconds and then goes off indicating that itr is charged but of course it is not. The camera does work on AC power. Anybody have any similar problems. What can i do, i think im just past my one year warranty.
Focus112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:50 AM   #2

I don't know if this is the same problem but I put my camera into the dock the other day and the red charging light would not come on. I blew onto the contacts and lightly tapped the dock upside down on the table and it started charging.

I now rest my dock upside down on the table because I think some dust or dirt must have gotten in between the contacts stopping it charging.

cheers

Robert
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 7:15 PM   #3

No luck, charge light goes on for about 5 seconds and turns off. $800 camera wont even charge, this is ridiculous!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 9:20 PM   #4

The problem sounds like the charger is frying the batteries somehow. Call CS and try to get a claim. Tell them you think there might be a fire danger due to a defect in the charger. The possible liability might help your case. The batteries might still be good, too bad you don't have access to another charger to test. I've read that the hd1010 can take a kodak or other battery so perhaps there is another charger that could charge your batteries. Pursue CS to get a new dock.
Markinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2009, 6:28 PM   #5

So i got a new charger from Best Buy and it turns out that the batteries are fine and they were completely charged hence the charger turning off after 5 seconds. the problem is that the camera still thinks that the batteries are low and says "low battery power" It thinks that its so low that it wont even turn on, but if you plug it in to get it to turn on and then let it run on battery power it will run for about 1.5 hours saying low battery power the hole time. Its really weird, almost like a software issue. Does anyone know the Sanyo customer support # or if you can update the software?

Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:12 AM   #6

I doubt it is software problem, because there is usually hardware circuit which is checking battery voltage and sending signal to software which decides if it is too low or not and is starting the camera. Contact Sanyo support and tell them about your problem:

http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/contact/index.html

Can you use stand-by mode? First start camera with AC-plugged in and then turn it to stand-by mode by slightly pressing power button once, there should be green led flashing, does it turn on from stand-by mode? It consumes more batteries but atleast you can use your camera if this works.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:11 PM   #7

Sanyo was no help at all. The camera turns on when i plug it in and then it will turn on after that so long as the battery wasnt removed or it hasnt been too long since it was turned on the first time. The camera will run for like 1.5 hrs saying low battery the whole time. Sanyo want me to send it to their repair place which charge 40 to jsut look at it! Is there any way at all i can upgrade the firmware myself?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:59 PM   #8

you called it! new firmware did not fix the issue
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:34 PM   #9

could you upload the firmware in case someone else needs it?
Markinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:01 PM   #10

updated firmware can be found on the Japanese site, i used a translator to find it