Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:34 PM   #1

Default Quick question - does the HD2000 perform as well in low light as the FH1?

Might be a stupid question but so far I've read how well the FH1 does in low light. I know the FH1 and HD2000 are slightly different in lens configuration hence the reason I'm asking. Do they perform the same or is one better than the other in low light?

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:52 AM   #2

Tough question, because hardly anybody got them both to be able to compare. HD2000 has larger aperture 1.8 compared to 2.0 aperture value in FH1, judging entirely from technical specifications HD2000 may be slightly better in low light. As you may know there is some color differences compared to other camcorders, picture is slightly yellowish and in low light this is enhancing even more and you can't adjust colors in HD2000, there is only normal,soft and vivid settings.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...erformance.htm

Last edited by Quenaelin; Nov 30, 2009 at 7:58 AM.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:33 PM   #3

I have the HD2000. You can watch this clip to see how it perform in low light and changing spotlight of various colours using AWB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ouQYmVL4M

Last edited by ronaldkwok; Nov 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM. Reason: corrections
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quenaelin View Post
As you may know there is some color differences compared to other camcorders, picture is slightly yellowish and in low light this is enhancing even more and you can't adjust colors in HD2000, there is only normal,soft and vivid settings.
Yeah I know, and I'm pretty much ok with that. Interesting though cause the review on Camcorder info you linked too said it had some of the best color performance (least error) even though it was the most saturated.

Rev.
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:03 AM   #5

I forgot there are manual white balance setting you could use, but problem is that you have to remember to always change it when you change filming location. Automatic white balance makes indoors look a bit yellowish.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote