http://vimeo.com/8827604

This one mixed w/ adapter & native lens, The Radian Gang
http://vimeo.com/9064086

Comments?
John Araki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2010, 1:18 AM   #2

geez tough crowd.

If you guys aren't critical, I'm gonna keep posting crap.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:25 PM   #3

Well John first off I'd like to say that the dog with the green collar was clearly not following direction unless the scene was to show the dog being completely dog-like. Your choice for the grandmother part was spot on, she had me convinced she was part of the family to the point I hardly noticed her glasses where not bi-focal and an obvious prop. The incredible scene with the gentleman pushing the motorcycle back and forth still has me wondering why the Academy overlooks Vimeo. It may take me a few days to view your other video due to being left emotionally exhausted after Thanksgiving. Really good shots, did you use MBL on it as well?
Markinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:27 PM   #4

It seems people view and don't comment much here John. I look at the views and then the comments and I'm like wow?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:48 PM   #5

Not sure where to start with the second and seemingly unrelated sequel to Thanksgiving. The acting was nowhere near as intense to the degree that one could almost say there wasn't any. The often poetic choreography of the planes did fill some gaps in the plot however which allowed me to use my imagination as to how the main characters related to each other to resolve their differences and ultimately co-exist on the metaphorical air currents of life. Bravo!

The shots were pretty steady for what and how you had to shoot them. It blended well between adapter and oem lens. The location was okay...that is if you like paradise
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:59 PM   #6

No corn dogs were injured during the filming of this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7vE5pzoYps
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:03 AM   #7

Ok, ok...i hears ya about needing plot, acting, and direction. Appreciated the critical too. Guess I can't keep posting crap.

Mark, that corn dogs thing was funny. glad you let em thaw on the countertop instead of nuking em.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:11 AM   #8

I was just trying to prime the pump here. There is a thread with thousands of views and 22 comments!

My wife actually asked me if I had the pups in the fridge! The "magic" of editing is lost on her haha.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:13 AM   #9

The pups really do taste better when they arent nuked, it makes them tough and they make way too much noise. I know Ive offended somebody sry.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:15 PM   #10

Well, since you've went there....you pick up the b/w one and it makes a squeek...how did you resist squeezing it to repeat the sound effect? Or is there another video somewhere?