Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:48 PM   #1

Default Media Players for Sanyo HD2000/FH1 60p videos

Like most of you, I had problems playing the Full HR, 60p videos on the Sony PS3 and the older WDTV (my Blog has the details). The search is over! Recently I found some media players that can play them OK. I managed to test the Hornettek Phantom (very similar to the Patriot Box Office) with a Full HR, 60p Sanyo clip and it played OK. In fact, I tested the clip on an Asus O!Play and it played as well. Since both these media players use the Realtek 1073DD chip, I believe that any media player that uses the same chip should be able to play the Full HR video of the HD2000/FH1.
It did not work on the older version of WDTV where the picture breaks and the audio is jerky but I was not able to test on the newer WDTV Live to see if it will work. This uses the Sigma 8655 chip, the major alternative to the Realtek chip currently. Has any user of the Sanyo HD2000/FH1 tried viewing a Full HR video using the WDTV Live? Did it work? Please share your experience.
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:44 PM   #2

I have a comment in my Blog that the Full HR video can also play on a WDTV Live media player. Can any Sanyo HD2000/FH1 user that also owns a WDTV Live confirm this or otherwise?
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote