Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:29 AM   #11

Might as well share with us here on the new official 1.2 firmware. What are the improvements over the existing firmware?
ronaldkwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 2:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawit View Post
If you want the official 1.2.0 firmware + instructions, let me know. You can check your current firmware by reading the EXIF data of your pictures or by going to playback mode, format menu, and hold the joystick to the left for 2 seconds.
You know im using windows7 and it seems a bit confusing. when I see the details of a picture, it shows: EXIF: 0221 and it says Program name: 1.1.0 so, I have the old firmware???

Last edited by Martins2012; Apr 29, 2010 at 2:17 AM.
Martins2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:15 AM   #13

You can download the firmware here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJSLZCF0

It's a ZIP archive containing a PDF with instructions and another ZIP archive with the firmware.

@Martins2012, if you follow the instructions in the PDF, you will see the current firmware. It's easier to read then the EXIF data. On my MAC it also took some time to find the firmware version in the EXIF data.

@ronaldkwok, the biggest change I could discover as of yet is the white balance. I was lucky to have 2 Sanyo HD2000 camcorders at home, one with the new firmware and one with firmware 1.1.

The newer firmware adjusts the white balance much quicker. Where the old firmware took some time to adjust the white balance to the new situation and often give a yellowish cast, the new firmware makes the HD2000 do the adjustments quicker and the color is more neutral.

It also seems the amount of noise is a bit reduced. When I put both camera's on full auto with noise reduction off, the newer firmware gave me the better and cleaner blacks when filming in the dark.

I updated the firmware of the other camera so I can't make any comparisons anymore. Make sure you reset the settings of your camera after updating.
Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 3:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawit View Post
You can download the firmware here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FJSLZCF0

It's a ZIP archive containing a PDF with instructions and another ZIP archive with the firmware.

@Martins2012, if you follow the instructions in the PDF, you will see the current firmware. It's easier to read then the EXIF data. On my MAC it also took some time to find the firmware version in the EXIF data.

@ronaldkwok, the biggest change I could discover as of yet is the white balance. I was lucky to have 2 Sanyo HD2000 camcorders at home, one with the new firmware and one with firmware 1.1.

The newer firmware adjusts the white balance much quicker. Where the old firmware took some time to adjust the white balance to the new situation and often give a yellowish cast, the new firmware makes the HD2000 do the adjustments quicker and the color is more neutral.

It also seems the amount of noise is a bit reduced. When I put both camera's on full auto with noise reduction off, the newer firmware gave me the better and cleaner blacks when filming in the dark.

I updated the firmware of the other camera so I can't make any comparisons anymore. Make sure you reset the settings of your camera after updating.
Thank you, I just updated the firmware.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:14 AM   #15

Does anyone know if this firmware is compatible with VPC-HD2000GX model? I understand there are difference versions, including VPC-HD2000, VPC-HD2000EX & VPC-HD2000GX, but don't know what's the difference and not sure if they share the same firmware.

Last edited by phantom8; Jun 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
phantom8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:56 AM   #16

Do the EX and GX have any extra specs or options you know of? As far as I can recall, the supplied firmware shouldn't be used on the A models, because that model offers iFrame support (an additional resolution/frame rate option).
The manual mentions the HD2000, HD2000EX and HD2000GX in one sentence, as if it's the same model, but the name differs because of color or region. I can't find any different specs, so I would assume the firmware can be used.
Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote