Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:35 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default Sanyo hd2000 frame drop every 3 seconds???

Since I got my HD2000 Its been bothering me a problem or bug I noticed:
* The image becomes "skip-like" or "trembling-like" as if the frame rate dropped to 10fps when in truth it did not! Perhaps the camera is recording the very same frame multiple times. It does that every 3 or 5 seconds and last approximately 3 seconds, and it just keeps doing it all the time. It is not noticeable when holding it steady, you must keep turning to the side ways non stop until you see the transition from sharp moving to trembling like, back and forth specially in low light and with HS enabled.
I really don't think this is normal it bothers me and Do you guys know anything about it? any solution, firmware update etc? I took 30 days to notice it because I don't film much.

When it drops and you move the camera, everything looks disintegrated, and when its normal, even thought you move the camera fast, nothing disintegrates, everything looks solid.
Thank you.
Seems you can notice it on this youtube video from someone else: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d95LDk1GVUo&NR=1
__________________
What do I know?
Martins2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2010, 9:51 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Default Re

It may be the EIS (the electronic image stabilizer) - try to switch it off and see if it helps.
skyoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:19 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyoboy View Post
It may be the EIS (the electronic image stabilizer) - try to switch it off and see if it helps.
I did and it doesn't make any difference, but yesterday I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, and I noticed fifference in playback image quality between WMP and real player. real player fixed much o the problem but the image quality over all became slightly worsen, while on WMP the image was superb until the drop, then WMP would play it slowly and compesate it later adding speed to the playback. So, then I tried Nero8 that came with the camera, the playback perfect, and I can hardly notice the problem mentioned on the original post.
__________________
What do I know?
Martins2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:44 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Default Re:

Sorry, I assumed that you were talking about playback on the camera's lcd screen, hence my suggestion to turn off EIS.
Glad that you found a solution.
skyoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 2:35 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Yeah, im very happy now. Nero is the very best I know to play the videos on the PC.
__________________
What do I know?
Martins2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:57 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Default

You found Nero8 but the problem is still there. I just watched your youtube video and it bothered me too.

Maybe an SD card problem? Did you try a faster one?
mdmCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:50 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmCam View Post
You found Nero8 but the problem is still there. I just watched your youtube video and it bothered me too.

Maybe an SD card problem? Did you try a faster one?
You are right, But now the problem is not so intense. i think you can only notice it if you are crazy like me or being told about it. The reglar folks would not notice this. It happens when changing between 2 extreme light conditions. like from very dark to bright or the opposite. I think a firmware update would fix this, if we bother Sanyo about it.
I got one of the fastest memory card 30MB/s so it is not that. plus I have a regular memory card low speed and it records the very same way with no decrease in quality. Do you also own this camera?
__________________
What do I know?
Martins2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:22 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martins2012 View Post
You are right, But now the problem is not so intense. i think you can only notice it if you are crazy like me or being told about it. The reglar folks would not notice this. It happens when changing between 2 extreme light conditions. like from very dark to bright or the opposite. I think a firmware update would fix this, if we bother Sanyo about it.
I got one of the fastest memory card 30MB/s so it is not that. plus I have a regular memory card low speed and it records the very same way with no decrease in quality. Do you also own this camera?
Yeah, but I don't have that frame dropping issue. I bought it on April 2009.

I know of some people complaining about a red line on their videos. They contacted Sanyo and they obtained via email a fixed firmware. Why don't you contact Sanyo asking for a firmware? Maybe you're lucky.

Here's a video sample using my HD2000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwxzdJXB_iw

Last edited by mdmCam; Apr 22, 2010 at 6:25 PM.
mdmCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:00 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmCam View Post
Yeah, but I don't have that frame dropping issue. I bought it on April 2009.

I know of some people complaining about a red line on their videos. They contacted Sanyo and they obtained via email a fixed firmware. Why don't you contact Sanyo asking for a firmware? Maybe you're lucky.

Here's a video sample using my HD2000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwxzdJXB_iw
really cool video.

its only happens in low light inviroment by the way, and speacially with HS option ON.
__________________
What do I know?
Martins2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:41 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 33
Default

If you want the official 1.2.0 firmware + instructions, let me know. You can check your current firmware by reading the EXIF data of your pictures or by going to playback mode, format menu, and hold the joystick to the left for 2 seconds.
Rawit is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:11 AM.