Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:32 AM   #1

Default Image stabilizer that is not Hague?

I have a Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD2000A, newly purchased from Amazon.com.

I thought that I should/would get a Hague Mini Motion - Cam Stabilizer, but had the shock of my life just now at the Hague website and seeing how much the stabilizer plus weight balancing adapter plus weights would add up to! <ack! cough! faint!>

Therefore, Plan B: What other, less expensive but still good motion stabilizer can I buy? I bought the HD2000A because I wanted small and light, so that is what I would want in a stabilizer as well.

Also: I use an iMac and I bought iMovie '09, and that iMovie '09 has an image stabilizer in the software. Yes, I have read that it takes a long time for the stabilization to finish, but I am retired and am able to go off and have nine cups of coffee if necessary. So here is my question:

Do you use an HD2000A as well, and do you stabilize it with iMovie '09? Have you done the stabilization without having used a hand-held stabilizer with your camcorder? If it is good enough, then maybe I do not need to get a hand held stabilizer.

Hope someone has some answers. I have not yet turned on or used my Exacti HD2000A on.

-- lorna
lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:27 PM   #2

The hague is less than $100 us. That's not expensive at all. What price were you quoted & what would you consider reasonable?

I would recommend turning on the camera, shooting some footy & seeing if what you shoot would need a stabilizer.
John Araki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:00 PM   #3

What? Hold it......... I think I must have miscalculated in my monetary conversions!! I need to buy the image stabilizer, the weight adapter and maybe a horizontal balancer since the Xacti, whether closed or opened, is ”unbalanced.“

Thank you for responding, John. I will go back to the Hague site. Guess I better use a different conversion site as well.

-Lorna
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:10 PM   #4

Default The internal stabilizer of Xacti hd2000A is quite bad, so....

John, I will do that, but from all that I have read, the Xacti HD2000A's internal stabilizer is worthless. I have seen Xacti2000A videos/movies taken with and without an external stabilizer and there is a noticeable difference.
-Lorna
.................................................. ......................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Araki View Post
The hague is less than $100 us. That's not expensive at all. What price were you quoted & what would you consider reasonable?

I would recommend turning on the camera, shooting some footy & seeing if what you shoot would need a stabilizer.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:24 AM   #5

if you dont like the hague's price, use a tripod. it works miracles.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote