Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:02 PM   #1

Default Please help! <3

Hi, I own a Sanyo Xacti HD1000 camera and have no problems recording videos. When I play them back (using the 'PLAY' feature on the camera itself) i have no problems, but when I attach the SD card to my laptop and try to play a video I recorded, the video is very glitchy/choppy or plays perfectly for a second, then the picture freezes while the time continues as normal. When I open the video files (MP4) in Windows Media player only a screenshot from the video is shown, but the sound is fine.

Most importantly, the videos are of no use to me with my video editing software.

Please help! I Can't find a solution to this anywhere on the internet.

Thank you very much in advance
Goose Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2010, 1:29 PM   #2
Administrator

Try copying the files to your PC's hard drive first to see if your card reader or USB connection could be a bottleneck (as transfer speed from an internal hard drive will be much faster).

What kind of laptop do you have? HD video can place a lot of demands on the hardware (CPU, RAM, Video Card) needed, and your PC may not be powerful enough (choppy video is usually indicative of a PC that's not fast enough to handle it). As a general rule of thumb for editing most of today's HD video content, you'll want a CPU with two or more cores running at 2Ghz or faster; 2GB or more memory, with a video chipset that is known to be capable of HD Video playback.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2010, 3:06 PM   #3

As stated in the owners manuals the MP4 will suffer playback to pc/lap/mac the larger the file, the worse it is. Compression .

1 on the cam it's fine, on a tv set it's fine. frm the cam via usb port of pc it is not, nore sd in reader port, if on direct it will not.

Even though we are in HD, the machines we own are not, tehy still need time to get into the act. I an running win 7 and Iam sure the video will play smooth, never saying perfect. I have tons oftrouble editing, and

and We need to know if you are not running older, but newer machines. trust me 2.0 will not due it 3.0 will be BORDER.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:14 AM   #4

your laptop seems to be of dinosaur descendant. probably a wholly mamoth of some kind. Seriously, HD takes a lot to run. if you have an up to date laptop, maybe a hardware accelerated video player. copy the video to the diskdrive and play it back.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:44 AM   #5

That was what I did a spankin brand new one and back to the store, H is the future but still not yet ready. we can work with it but still must deal with the PERKS
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:20 AM   #6

thanks for all the info guys, im going to throw away my dell and buy a shiny new apple
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:30 AM   #7

would anyone be able to tell me what kind of specs would be needed? I'm assuming 3 or 4 gbs or RAM? what type of graphics card? would something like this be good enough?

"NVIDIA GeForce 320M with 256MB DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory"

or would this be the only way

Intel HD Graphics with 256MB DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:58 AM   #8

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
would that be good enough?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:22 PM   #9

on an apple? I bought my girlfriend a laptop for 350 bucks at best buy 1 week floorsample. I recommend you take the sd card to bestbuy and choose the laptop with an nvidia card. make sure it has windows 7 and most likely it wont play the file due to codec issues. some come with players and should work just fine and you can pick the one that works.

or

if you get a mac, make sure you pick an operating system that allowes hardware accelerated video playback. Even on a mac, each one even with identicle model will reveal a different os and some do not play hd well. I'm not kidding. I just helped someone debbug one and I'm not going to get into details cuz it took me 1 day to make the file work and i charged the dude 200 bucks just because it pissed me off. Lets just say it included throwing out the operating system....
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote