Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:12 PM   #1

Default Formatting SDHC memory card

The manual for my Xacti digital camcorder urges me to format a new SDHC card before using it. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how to do this. Is it really necessary? I have taken a lot of video on several memory cards without a problem. Having said that, I find that various video editing programs don't recognize either my camcorder or the SDHC card. The only way to get my video clips from the card to the computer is via a separate card reader (the card is not recognized when inserted into the computer's USB port.
kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:16 PM   #2

I don't know about the Xacti formatting but as in digital still cameras there should be an option in the "settings" menue to format the card in your camcorder.The cards are preferrably formatted in cam rather than via the PC,again as in the digital still cams.
Hope that helps.
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:42 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I printed out the full manual and finally found the section which told me how to format memory cards. It is a bit late as I've already recorded onto a number of cards which I hadn't formatted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaclick View Post
I don't know about the Xacti formatting but as in digital still cameras there should be an option in the "settings" menue to format the card in your camcorder.The cards are preferrably formatted in cam rather than via the PC,again as in the digital still cams.
Hope that helps.
kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2012, 4:39 AM   #4
Banned

There are two ways of formatting sdhc memory card. One is direct format on camcorder where the option of formatting a card. Second is attach the memory card with computer system directly with camera or externally with card reader and format it.
douglaswalkers is offline   Reply With Quote