Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:39 PM   #1

I have looked all over the forum and the only posts I have found are that Sanyo say you can only use SD cards up to 1gb for this camera.

Has anybody actually tried a 2gb SD card in this camera. I would like to try it but at around £100 for a 2gb card would be an expensive mistake if it does not work.

Over all I think it's a great little camera, ok a little grainy for video indoors in low light but my daughters JVC DV camcorder is like that, but for sheer portability it is superb.
BlisteringBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:43 AM   #2
Administrator

I have used the 2GB SanDisk Ultra II SD card in the SanyoC4 and C5 with no problems. I also tried the new 200x speed2GB Adata MMC Plus card and it did not work but it did work in other new cameras. So far I havefound that all brands and sizes (up to 2GB) of SD cards work in all the 2005 model cameras that use SD cards but some of them do not work with the new MultiMediaCard Plus cards.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 4:39 AM   #3

Many Thanks Steve, will get looking for the best price for one.

Great website btw, it was your review of the C5 that swung it for me when buying the camera.

:|
Old Oct 25, 2005, 1:08 AM   #4
Administrator

I carry a C5 everywhere I go and love it, espcially for snapping quick videos of anything. People pictures suffer from frequent red-eye but it has always been easy to fix -- at least for me. If nothing else the C5 is a great conversation starter that has gotten me more than one free drink
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 3:40 PM   #5

Could i recommend instead of investing in highly expensive SD cards, buy a photobank. You can get a 40GB version for £80. I know its bigger than an sd card but there not that big. About size of an ipod. I use this whenever i go away. At end of each day i just transfer all photos/videos from my sanyo xacti c4 to the harddisk, so i have an empty card for the next day. They can also be portable as well as mains operated. This was easily the best investment i have made.

Got mine from http://www.gridelec.co.uk/catalog/company.php

Site is down at the moment.

I would highly recomend investing in one of these rather than large capacity, highly expensive cards or multiple cards.
s96024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 4:11 PM   #6

Now you are talking !! Can't say I've heard of one before but just done a quick search on google ! Will seriously look into it now, I've got 2 high speed 1GB SD cards and was about to get a couple of 2gb cards too, but this seems a much better idea

STOP PRESS !! Just found the empty case for your own photobank on ebay for £25 inc postage, just add your own 2.5 inch hard disk !! Bought it on the spot as I have a spare laptop HD kicking about, it has 12 in 1 card readers covering almost all memory cards !!
Old Oct 28, 2005, 4:19 PM   #7

They are a great choice. basically cheaper than a 2GB card. You can have as much space as you want basically, think the max on the model i got was 80GB. They can easily be placed in pocket and are perfect for holidays or long periods away from your pc, when you can't copy everything of your card. I took mine to cancun this year and came back with almost 15GB of stills/video. Would never have been able to get so much without it. Also this is not only an option for SD cards, any cards can be used making it even more appealing for products using expensive cards. Also has many other uses, normal portable hard disk for one. Just transfer everything from camera without evening removing card. Just use usb cable you would normally connect your camera to pc with!

Think these things are not very well known about even though there such agood idea and with memory cards being so expensive.

s96024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 4:32 PM   #8

Thanks for the heads up, just bought a sort of DIY kit from ebay for £25 (delivered that is) with 12 in 1 card readers and recharable battery and mains, just add your own hard disk.

As I have a 40gb 2.5 inch hard disk doing nothing it will be perfect !! And all for 25% the price of a 2gb card !!

Don't you just love a bargain

Old Nov 22, 2005, 7:15 PM   #9

I use a Corsair 2GB SD card with my VPC-C5 and it works fine, slight delay if I take a Hi-Res picture while videoing something, but sort of expected (although I think the advertising is false).
Arla is offline   Reply With Quote