Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 6, 2005, 1:40 PM   #91

I asked Plemix about their Listed VPC-C6, and they said it is only under a Japan warranty (which means it must actually be a DMX C6)

Apparently the C6 will "officially" ship to the US in january now:sad: WHich may mean that earlier availabilitywould likely be Direct Japan import with the service restriction.

I have tried to ask Sanyo Fisher, the US Sanyo rep if they would support models from Japan, but have not got any answer so far. If anyone succeeds to get an answer from them on this, let us know.

scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 1:48 PM   #92

I also live in the US, and as I said earlier, there's NO way I'd buy anything other than with the VPC designation. Why risk the warranty issue unless it's an absolute MUST HAVE Christmas present?
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 3:03 PM   #93

Broadway photo has the VPC-C6 listed for $413. I don't know if it's actually the VPC. Also, they have gotten pretty bad reviews, so I would be hesitant to buy from them. I would be interested to know if anyone here has had a good experience with them.

http://www.bwayphoto.com/product.asp?id=syvpcc6
cameragal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 8:24 PM   #94

I checked with them, and it is not a USA model, therefore only has Japan warranty.

Also spoke with Sanyo Fisher, they would not honor the warranty of a Japan import, but after the warranty, the company they use to service the camerasmay accept to repare them as long as the parts are not different.

scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 8:41 PM   #95

nuff said.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:25 PM   #96

Be sure to check out their awesome prices on SD cards. I think they have a 1 gb card for 499...what a bargain! I'm being sarcastic of course. The price of the camera is awesome though, can't wait to see if US version will have that competitive price. I did have a question though. How come most of the US versions of these cameras are found on international sites like Plemix and not available at more domestic locations.
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:12 PM   #97

seiboshen wrote:
Quote:
[...]How come most of the US versions of these cameras are found on international sites like Plemix and not available at more domestic locations.
The US version is not supposed to be here yet (ETA January). Like Imentionned earlier in this thread the DMX- models are for the Japanese market, the rest of the world gets VPC- models, not just the US. I doubt international sites have US models; they might haveJapanese, Hong Kong, European,South Americanor"pickanother location inthe world" models?

Edit: but again, keep in mind, they are probably all the same basic camera, bar simple differences like the included user manual language(s), power adapters, etc.. The US version will probably need toget a stamp of approval from theFCC to meet Class B Part 15 compliance, etc.. Getting such certificationscould be the reason for product arrival delays.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:35 PM   #98

Caelum, I was talking about the C5, as far as I know, Sharper Image is one of the only companies that carried the VPC version. Maybe I'm way off here but most of the vendors that were carrying the VPC C5 were international vendors...
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 5:03 PM   #99

I believe that both Circuit City and B&H carry the VPC-C5
cameragal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:06 PM   #100

I inquired about the C5 at two different Circuit Cities in the Chicago area last week, and none of the salesmonkeys at either of the stores had ever seen one. They said that it was listed in their computer though....phhhht!