Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:20 AM   #101

Hi all. Thanks to the excellent posts and the suggestions on price, I called http://www.Dynamism.com and ordered the C6 today. I negotiated down from $599 to $520 delivered. I am not completely clear on the warranty coverage, but they said I could return the device for a new one if i had a problem in the first 90 days. Then,they'll honor the manufacturer warranty and ship you a box, to send it to them, etc. Seemed worth the extra cost. They mentioned that after X-mas (for those of you who can wait!!!) it should drop again to $470-490.

Cant wait to get it: Silver and delivery the 16th. I have a 3 year old and we are going on vacation, so will put it to good use soon.

-Alekemine
alekemine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 1:01 PM   #102

I'm in the same boat, wanted the C6 before xmas vacations.

I just called Dynamism and they confirmed the deal but said they have no stocks of the black or red version for 7-10 days and aren't selling the silver version because they're all sold out in Japan. Damnnn!!
Panita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 1:26 PM   #103

Have you guys looked on ebay? You can probably get one around $520-$530 shipped and some of the vendors will declare the item as a "gift" as a relief from import taxes.
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:30 PM   #104

Two low-priced sources for the "Import Model" C6 in gold (both sold out at this moment in time).

Broadway $413:
http://www.bwayphoto.com/product.asp?id=syvpcc6

Prestige $411:
http://www.prestigecamera.com/product~id~syvpcc6.htm

Plemix $495:
http://plemix.com/Merchant2/merchant...egory_Code=SAN
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:41 PM   #105

Those low prices are suspiciously low to me. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that they're for the C5. Why would these folks knock 1/3 off the price before the product's even been released? And BEFORE Christmas? Something smells fishy....
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:51 PM   #106

Wow, the deal from Dynamism is tempting. I can't decide if I should hold off until after Christmas. Anyone have any reviews of Dynamism?
cameragal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:51 PM   #107
LC

I ordered the gold C6 (and a phone) from Plemix last night, with the fastest delivery option available.

has anybody done business with them here? I am bit nervous. I got an e-mail confirmation of the order, but no tracking numbers yet.
I had looked at the broadway site, but their feedback around the net is quite poor, so i didn't trust them.

it wasn't clear to me if it comes with any SD card and if the power adapter/recharger are good for the US. Anyone know?
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:55 PM   #108

Steve told me there's going to be another Xacti VPC camera announced at CAS or CES next month. I was interested in the C5 at $365 in November but before I could order it, it dropped to $335. Then I heard about the C6 and have just finished looking at all the sample pics & videos, now there's ANOTHER new camera right on its way in just weeks.

If you can stand to wait (I'm 37, I've learned patience by now) then Imightanticipate further price drops in January.

BTW I askedSteve if/when the C6 review would be done, he said he's just working through a backlog of camera reviews, but thenexpects toget deluged with more new cameras in January. I'm getting the idea that the C6 isn't going to be all that special for very long...

Anyway, just my thought.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:01 PM   #109

I can't imagine anything like an Xacti "C7" being available in less than 6 months. The C6 isn't even in the pipeline yet. Sometimes I wish I were Steve... :-)
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:09 PM   #110

I'm in the same situation--I was ready to buy the C5 but then saw the low-light vid comparison and now I'm wanting the C6. But the waiting is killing me! (I'm 32, so maybe I'll learn to be patient in the next 5 years)
cameragal is offline   Reply With Quote