Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:27 PM   #111

If the consensus is that the C6's stills are in the same ballpark as the T9 with image stabilization on, I'm done.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:33 PM   #112

LC, I'veonly seen feedback for Plemix at resellerratings. The C6 does not come with any SD card. The Japanese C5 didn't, the C5 US did, now no C6 does (keeps price down I guess).

Guys don't worry about the camera that will be announced soon, it'll be more expensive, not quite in the same ball park, it's not a C7. And an announcement doesn't mean instant availability. Besides, will the C6 be outdated in a year... or two, you betcha, whatdigicam will not? Perhaps digicams are meeting the needs of most users now in mega pixel resolution but the movie mode battle has only just begun as wehead towards H.264 video.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:50 PM   #113

>>It'll be more expensive, not a C7 etc.<<

SUCH a tease!!!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 5:05 PM   #114
LC

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
LC, I've¬*only seen feedback for Plemix at resellerratings.¬* The C6 does not come with any SD card.¬* The Japanese C5 didn't, the C5 US did, now no C6 does (keeps price down I guess).
Thanks, the reviews are a bit mixed, but they are just 5. It looks that they are good to ship the stuff, but there might be problems arising in case of returns/issues. hopefully all will be ok.
I bought 2 1GB SD from a separate vendor for 90$ each, so if the camera comes first, i'll just go to a bestbuy/radioshack and get a cheap 64MB to test around. can't wait.
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 6:04 PM   #115

LC wrote:
Quote:
[...]if the power adapter/recharger are good for the US. Anyone know?
Japan and North America have compatible plugs, so it should be fine. Let us know your experience with Plemix when it's done.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 6:30 PM   #116

Today, I ordered my Sanyo Xacti C6 from warehouse123.com for $459.00
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductI...d=SANVPCC6-BLK

I bought my C4 from them before. Excellent buying experience,very quick shipping. Packaging of products were very safe & secure. Not to mention that they have a pretty good prices.
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 6:30 PM   #117

Supposedly, the "Prestige Camera"deal has an SD card included in the C6 package. What size, who knows? Somebody care to call or chat? They have a "chat now!" button, I can't do it because I'm at work all day plus busy tonight. My guess is it's a 64MB "give-away" card which is worthless anyway.

Actually, I think I can confirm, it's not going to bea C7 in January. I'll give a hint to anyone whofeels likedigging (quite a bit of digging, actually). If you go back to "forums" and select "hybrid still/movie/..." cameras, look at the top message "hybrid cameras list" and find the Sanyo section, and look at all the VPC models. It's the one that is different from the rest. Also, I found some info this morning at the Sanyo Portugal site, whichis probablydown now.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 6:34 PM   #118

hopefully not!!

I don't think a new camrea will be announced soon. I guess it may take more than 2 years.

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
LC, I'veonly seen feedback for Plemix at resellerratings. The C6 does not come with any SD card. The Japanese C5 didn't, the C5 US did, now no C6 does (keeps price down I guess).

Guys don't worry about the camera that will be announced soon, it'll be more expensive, not quite in the same ball park, it's not a C7. And an announcement doesn't mean instant availability. Besides, will the C6 be outdated in a year... or two, you betcha, whatdigicam will not? Perhaps digicams are meeting the needs of most users now in mega pixel resolution but the movie mode battle has only just begun as wehead towards H.264 video.
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:14 PM   #119

I found an old article about the new camera, but since the translation kept on saying "YOU SMELL", I'm left wondering how they knew.:?:

And btw, I do hope that at least ONE of the major review sites takes enough of an interest in the C6 to write something up. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 3:41 AM   #120

Ebay has new coupon codes when using Paypal as payment.
  • C23-GiftGuide $15 off $100+ [/*]
  • C22-GiftGuide $5 off $50+ [/*]
  • C11-GIFTGUIDE 10% off ($25 max discount)
[/*]
In case you guys need some discounts on your camera purchases.
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote