Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 9, 2005, 3:53 PM   #131

I ordered my red DMX-C6 from kurizoo on eBay December 1 and received it today (from Japan). I paid $499, but I see the buy it now price on the latest one is $485. $39 shipping and $25 for a spare battery.

Now I just need to find a PDF manual in English!
shanemcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 3:56 PM   #132

Panita wrote:
Quote:
Sorry if this a bit off-topic but are people being charged import duties on orders that are shipped into the US from Asia? ie buying from sites like Plemix or others based in Asia?

I'm told that, here in the UK, if i order something from a US or other overseas website it will be hit with duty and VAT tax by customs.

Thx,
Kurizoo said that buyers are responsible for any duties, but 90% of his US customers don't get charged. When I lived in the UK, it was similar--paying duty on imported goods was a bit of a lottery.
shanemcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 4:09 PM   #133

I read that some of the offshore stores state that they'll ship the camera as a "gift" as a way of minimizing or eliminating duties
caspermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 4:30 PM   #134

I just noticed Plemix dropped their gold C6 price to $477, and they havethe black one for $479.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 6:03 PM   #135

sorry to be so thick. is igearbox.com ok to order from? do they sell the asian version or north american version? what is vpc? is there a warranty? should i just wait for the american version?

thank you!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:35 PM   #136

shanemcr wrote:
Quote:
[...]Now I just need to find a PDF manual in English!
shanemcr, I'm not sure if it's somewhere out there yet, but you could download the C5 PDF user manual to hold you over until you find it or the Sanyo Service siteputs one up.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 1:01 AM   #137

I don't really know how to compare the videos taped from dig. cameras but I was wondering if there is a big difference between movies recorded on the Canon SD300 (Steve has a short sample in the SD300 review) and the sample movies of the C6.

The SD300 is on sale right now and it's not a bad camera
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 9:46 AM   #138

I've ordered from them many times and never had a problem. They got a pretty good rating in fatwallet.com

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/reta...p?storeid=1217

Panita wrote:
Quote:
That's a good price on warehouse123, but I'm very wary, the site is basic and there is no phone or address.

I read some mixed reviews of them on the web, does anyone else have experience with them also shipping outside the US?

Also what about any more well known/respectible sellers that offer price matching? that may be a better option.

Found other deal: http://www.igearbox.com/product_info...29951736e337d1

$479 + $25 shipping. These guys any good? the site looks similar in layout to warehouse123
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 7:10 PM   #139

I am going to get the C6 and was wondering if someone could post pretty quickly so I can get it ordered. Right now I can get the red one for $479 and an extra card for $49. Shipping is 2-3 days at $25. This is from the igearbox.com website. Would this be the right choice or is there a better one. I had thought about Ebay but a lot of times you aren't sure about those people. I would rather buy from someone that is trusted and I think you guys could probably recommend a good one. The only thing that concerns me is a warranty, but not enough for me not to buy. The total will be around $550. From those of you who have bought this camera or have bought from this company- please give me your views. Thanks!

Jennie
JenHolmes01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2005, 7:10 PM   #140

I am going to get the C6 and was wondering if someone could post pretty quickly so I can get it ordered. Right now I can get the red one for $479 and an extra card for $49. Shipping is 2-3 days at $25. This is from the igearbox.com website. Would this be the right choice or is there a better one. I had thought about Ebay but a lot of times you aren't sure about those people. I would rather buy from someone that is trusted and I think you guys could probably recommend a good one. The only thing that concerns me is a warranty, but not enough for me not to buy. The total will be around $550. From those of you who have bought this camera or have bought from this company- please give me your views. Thanks!

Jennie
JenHolmes01 is offline   Reply With Quote