Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:47 PM   #141

If anybody's curious, there are two Sanyo C6 threads on the Akihabaranews.com website. Akihabara posted a "mini-review" about a month ago and we're all waiting for the "meat" of Part II.

If you do search "Sanyo C6" (no quotes) on their forums page, you'll find the two threads. Unfortunately, my webtv couldn't translate from the French, but my rough translation from the author of the mini-review is that if you're looking for the best photos, an Ixus 50 will do better, but if you need 2 devices in one, the C6 is great.
Warning: My french sucks, so check the last post of the earlier of the two threads, the one by Daimanou.

Perhaps somebody here can summarize the gist of those threads....
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 1:30 AM   #142

I am posting here to tell you that I ordered a C6 from Warehouse123.com for $459.00 plus$29.24s/h. Can you believe that I received a phone call from them less than 2 hours after I submitted my order on a Saturday night?? They wanted to verify my shipping address and wanted to confirm that I would receive it by next Wednesday (ordered on a Saturday night)! He also reassured me that if I had any problems with the camera within 2 years that I would able to ship it back and they'd fix it free of charge!

I just wanted to let you all know since you guys were worried about ordering from them...they seem to go far and beyond most sellers I've dealt with online. I will confirm with you guys that I've received the camera in a few days.

I just got a 150x 2gb SD card from E-bay for $117 shipped as well...the $15 off PayPal/Ebay coupon worked like a charm.
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:56 AM   #143

theranman wrote:
Quote:
[...]is that if you're looking for the best photos, an Ixus 50 will do better, but if you need 2 devices in one, the C6 is great.[...]
The previous poster asked how the C6 would compare to that camera. Daimaou said the ixsus will do better stills but can't measure up to the C6's video capabilities. I speak French and have been following the review thread.It's disentegrated into a Japanese pop star love fest. But Daimaou last said about having to dopart 2: '...but my god am I ever busy'.

Update (13 Dec.): Daimaou confirmed part 2 is still coming, explaining the delay on having a lot of work running multiple web sites andgetting ready to launch AkibaTV (HD) next year.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:55 PM   #144

Merci TRES beaucoups, Caelum.

It's a wee bit disappointing to read that the C6 won't match the year old design of the Canon Ixus50/SD400, but I'd like to hear from some other users in order to see if it's "good enough". Primarily, I'd like to know if it's sharp enough/non-fuzzy. I'm gonna have to check out the samples on my buddy's computer.

I wish I could poll people to see if folks are most interested in the C6's video capability, still capability, or if there's an even split. As I've said before, I was orginally just looking for a good stills camera which had to be tiny. Then, I came upon one which could supposedly do very good video....
If the Sony T9's video were more than 12 freakin' minutes, I'd at least know that I have two equally viable choices, but I'd certainly hate to settle for 12 minutes, not to mention having to sacrifice the 5X zoom.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 1:13 PM   #145

Anyone give me some insight on Warehouse123 and igearbox? I am trying to decide who to get it from?
JenHolmes01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 3:38 PM   #146

Bit of a price war going on here; Plemix just dropped C6 to $465...
Panita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 4:37 PM   #147

Many of theseweb sitesdon't make it clearwhere they are. If they sell the C6 now, obviously it's from overseas (nothing wrong with that). A quick WhoIs of these sites reveals:

Warehouse123 make it clear they ship with EMS (China's Courier Service) and I like that the contact infoappears straight up.
Web Administrative Contact: (DO NOT USE FOR SALES INFO. Use their web site instead)
Wong, Tsz Fo
[email protected]
RM 1803, Ho King Commerical Building
Mongkok
Hong Kong, 66047
HK
Phone: 852-3188-4029
Fax: 852-3188-4029

Plemix ships from Hong Kong, probably based there, but have afoot (toe?) in the US:
www.plemix.com
227 Bellevue Way N.E., #308
Bellevue, WA 98004
US
852-96866888 (Hong Kong phone number!)
[email protected]

iGearBox have a Network Solutions private listing (more worrisome):
Ho, Wai Man (Probably in China)
[email protected] m
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:27 PM   #148

is VPC the usa version?

thanks!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:30 PM   #149

I've read good reviews about Warehouse123 so that's why I went with them. Not only that, but they have the best price so far! $459.00 and $29 2-Day Shipping!

I've also spoken personally with them over the phone the day I ordered.
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:13 PM   #150

VPC is supposed to be the USA version, but right now people advertising VPC are lying, because they are all selling the Japan import version which is the DMX.

For all of these the warranty is only in Japan. Some sellers may let you return the camera to them , but most of them will tell you to deal with Sanyo Japan directly.

If you are worried about the warranty issue, you should ask the seller upfront, where you will have to return the camera in case of a problem during warranty.

scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote