Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:39 PM   #11

Dude, I would love to buy the camera and give you guys a review. As soon as they go on sale, I will be posting a review!
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:31 PM   #12

If there aren't even any decent independent previews on Japanese websites, it wouldn't surprise me if the camera's been delayed...for the purpose of including an INFO-lithium battery. I wish.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:43 PM   #13

Amazon Japan is posting a release date of November 18 for the C6,I don't know if this is valid, it could have been an estimate. They are selling it for 56,100¥ ($470) but have an expecteddelivery of 1 to 2 weeks. They say they can't ship this item outside of Japan.

According to Kokaku, the lowest price for a good number of vendors (10) at this time is 53,700¥ ($450). We'll see what happens, hopefully we'll start seeing reviews or impressions in the next couple of weeks.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:25 AM   #14

I'm seeing reports of the first units being spotted in Japan, so I guess that release date might have been correct.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:14 AM   #15

yet not a single preview on ANY website yet...hmmmmm.

Yeah, I suspect only the most minor of improvements. It's funny, but all of the C6 announcements made read like like the C6 was a major improvement over the C5. Another megapixel, maybe better low light performance...WOW! All that stuff about a new slimmer design was BS..it's the exact same design as the C5. Same goes for "new high speed engine, 9 point autofocus, etc.". The hype made it sound as if these things weren't also on the C5.

Can't wait to see for myself. I still wonder why so few seem interested in this family of cameras. Heck, dpreview doesn't even have a Sanyo forum.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:27 AM   #16

theranman wrote:
Quote:
yet not a single preview on ANY website yet...hmmmmm.[...]
The first units have been spotted, it doesn't mean it's widely available yet. And besides, aren't you going to givethe few luckyones at least a day to play with it and write something up? I sense frustration on your part from notbeing able to haveone.:G

The only real improvement I read about was the 9 mixed pixels technology, which makes use of the entire sensor andshould provide better low light video, and the 60fps TV output. I don'tsee how you got the impression it was much different from the C5 other than that. Slimmer design? If it was any slimmer than the C5 it would dissapear!:lol:
Old Nov 18, 2005, 12:30 PM   #17

Frustrated about not having one? Of course!

As far as improvements, whenever a next generation camera appears, one generally hopes that OVERALL performance is better as well...clearer, sharper pics, faster performance, greater functionality. Minor improvements are nice, but major improvements are better.

Impatient?..yes!
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:49 PM   #18

If you guys can find me links to sites that are selling these bad boys around the $450 range, I'll buy one and post a review. I'm not ready to shell out $650 for this thing though.
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:47 PM   #19

I wouldn't shell that out either. To me, it's worth $500 max IF it gets a good review. Don't forget, ya still gotta buy the 1Gb card for it.

One big discounter site is Plemix.com. Their sales policy scares the crap outta me, but many (including Steve of steves-digicams.com) rave about them. They're currently selling the C5 for $352 + shipping...cheapest I've seen yet. Then again, the C5 is on its way out.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:32 PM   #20

seiboshen wrote:
Quote:
If you guys can find me links to sites that are selling these bad boys around the $450 range, I'll buy one and post a review. I'm not ready to shell out $650 for this thing though.
I did post a link, see a few posts up. Kokakuwill link you to the Japanese on-line stores that sell it for53,680¥ (possiblystill lower). If youwant an American seller, then you will have to wait quite a bit longer unfortunately. TheJapanese always get the toys long before the rest of us. And by the way I could be wrong but I think Plemix ships from Hong Kong.