Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:26 PM   #191

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Hi michelob, I hate to repeat myself as I've talked about the stabilisation a few times before but to reiterate and summarize: the C6 has digital image stabilisation and it only works in movie mode. See bottom of page 3 for more details.
Ok, cheers for that. Thats a blow oh well, hopefully it won't afftect my stills too much.
michelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:44 PM   #192

michelob wrote:
Quote:
Ok, cheers for that. Thats a blow oh well, hopefully it won't afftect my stills too much.
As Steve mentionned in the C4 thread, if the shutter speed is fast enough (i.e. enough light), then there is no blur problem.Likewith allcameras,it will freeze the image regardless of movement. In less light, where the shutter speed will be slower, you might needa tripod, or be steady and use the timer to trigger.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:48 PM   #193

Yep, I received a photocopy of the C5 manual.

It will be interesting to hear the feedback when those who ordered from Warehouse 123 get their orders.
gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:08 PM   #194

Hah, I just checked broadway & prestige camera sites again, their C6 prices are up to $511 and $513.

Hooray, my credit card got billed!Warehouse123.com charged $29.24 shipping & handling plus $6.50 for insurance, for a grand total of $494.74. WOW I did not get rooked on shipping fees to Canada! So far so good.With exchangethat's about $600 Cdn, compared to $699 (I think?) that Sony Store wanted for its new M2. But, then I will get dinged for duty. All in all, I think that's a fair price for the latest-and-greatest. Incidentally their billing e-mail is [email protected]. Heh!

So now I play the waiting game for my own DMX-C6. :-)

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:25 PM   #195

Grunchy, you're lucky the Canadian dollar is strong now (or US's weak?), according to Google $494.74 = $CAD 571 (this moment). But I can't believe you didn't want to pay an extra $3 for express mail, let's hope it doesn't delay your delivery too much.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:32 PM   #196

LC wrote:
Quote:
As far as the camera, i was kinda expecting the dmx, but also i was expecting the box to come sealed.
In any case, they should just advertise it as a dmx, people would buy it anyway, and their reputation would be better off. i would be happy with the whole thing if it wasn't for the phone.
When you think about it, they HAD to break the seal in order to remove the Japanese owner's manual and insert the photocopied C5 owner's manual. In my case, they must have attached a new seal because there was an unbroken seal when I received mine yesterday.

Maybe they just shipped the phone separately?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:40 PM   #197

I receivied my Sanyo VPC-C6 from warehouse123 today. I ordered my camera on 8th. Within hours they called me to confirm the delivery address and the camera was shipped. Products arrive in good condition, well packaged.

This camera is christmas gift for my gf. Can't wait to open it!

gusher1 wrote:
Quote:

It will be interesting to hear the feedback when those who ordered from Warehouse 123 get their orders.
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:59 PM   #198

MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
I receivied my Sanyo VPC-C6 from warehouse123 today. I ordered my camera on 8th. Within hours they called me to confirm the delivery address and the camera was shipped. Products arrive in good condition, well packaged.

If you actually got a VPC-C6 with a warranty valid in the US, then definitely Warehouse 123 is the place to order rather than Plemix. You've got to open it up and let us know!

BTW, that's an awfully nice gift for your girlfriend. I got my wife a Roomba :lol:
Old Dec 13, 2005, 3:04 PM   #199

MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:

gusher1 wrote:
Quote:

is it a VPC though ?
michelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 3:19 PM   #200
LC

Quote:
gusher1
When you think about it, they HAD to break the seal in order to remove the Japanese owner's manual and insert the photocopied C5 owner's manual.* In my case, they must have attached a new seal because there was an unbroken seal when I received mine yesterday.
well, they could have left the box alone and just *added* the manual to the package. that's what I'd do.
but by itself would really not be a big deal at all, as long as the camera works and nothing is missing

Quote:
Maybe they just shipped the phone separately?
I sooo hope so! but there is no emails, no tracking number and no signs that they even acknowledge the problem. i remain optimistic though
LC is offline   Reply With Quote