Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 13, 2005, 5:32 PM   #201

glad to here warehouse 123 is shipping the vpc model, i just placed my order with them, i'll post as soon as i open the box. anybody got info on memory, i've heard some cards will not work. thanx for any info
snuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 6:07 PM   #202

gusher1 wrote:
Quote:
If you actually got a VPC-C6 with a warranty valid in the US[...]
I have no idea why you guys think this is even remotely possible? (...at this point in time :G)
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 6:16 PM   #203

Yeah, in order get that precious little "USA" piece of paper, the camera would have to come in thru either;

a) normal supply chain distribution channels...which don't have them yet.

or

b) a friend who works for Sanyo USA who has the means of getting the USA warranty card/manual/booklet etc.

I would expect that Sanyo Japan is keeping a tight watch over the USA pallets, if they're even boxed yet.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:02 PM   #204

Its pretty low of websites in the US & UK that they are advertising it as such then.
michelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:06 PM   #205

I prefer the term "weasel", myself.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:21 PM   #206

theranman wrote:
Quote:
Can't wait to read more opinions on the pics.
If you are referring to TNN'svideo & photos, they are of fixedpantone color charts. With WebTV you should be able to go the web site he provides and look at the photos. The videos show that the auto-focus has difficulty locking inwith very low light, whichI don't think isabnormal. I'm confused at to why the ISO50 video is brighter than the ISO400 video at the beginning? Perhaps TNN can explain.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:24 PM   #207

michelob wrote:
Quote:
Its pretty low of websites in the US & UK that they are advertising it as such then.
What makes you think they are in the US & UK?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:47 PM   #208

well my vpc 6 came late this afternoon from ups.It was well boxed with lovely bubblewrap my mum just loves.It had all the correct manuals and accessories.I got it going quickly enuff and i am very pleased with.I like the video it takes and it came out nice on my 32in tele.I got the files recognised on my pc.I have only taken vid at night in house and it is acceptable for nightime.I think the video part of the xacti will just love the daytime.I have taken a couple of pics and they seem fine but i think the flash is very weak.

So far the look and feel of it is fantastic.A nice touch was the remote control.This will defiantly turn heads.Thats my chrimbo pressie to me sorted
motty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:48 PM   #209

>>TNN's photos and videos<<

Caelum, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Got a link?

I was referring to more opinions of actual users in general, nobody specific. I wouldn't mind seeing Part II of the Akihabara review, though.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 7:53 PM   #210

cameragal wrote:
Quote:
Broadway photo has the VPC-C6 listed for $413. I don't know if it's actually the VPC. Also, they have gotten pretty bad reviews, so I would be hesitant to buy from them. I would be interested to know if anyone here has had a good experience with them.

http://www.bwayphoto.com/product.asp?id=syvpcc6

Broadway photo are okay, just remember that if you don't buy any extras you won't get the camera at all, and all the extras are horribly overpriced!

I got a VPC-C5 from them, and while the price ended up a bit cheaper than the 699 that SharperImage wanted, it was certainly NOT that $400 that Broadway photo advertised it for (I think I ended up paying $600 and got a spare battery too... woo!)

Arla is offline   Reply With Quote