Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 15, 2005, 5:07 PM   #251

anyone know if you buy from warehouse123 on an amex card will Amex extend a warehouse123 warranty? say if i bought it in the states i know for sure amex would extend the manufactuers warranty.

thanks for the help
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 5:15 PM   #252

any chance of clearing up the card issue? sandisk sounds like some will and some won't. sure would like to know which one to buy.
snuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 5:24 PM   #253

I justed posted in Steve's C6 first look that I just got the 150x 2GB MyFlash by AData and it does not work. My old slow PNY 512 works...

I'm in a bind and need a suggestion for a 2GB that I can get FedExed tonight for delivery tomorrow.

Any help?

Thanks,

Herb
Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 6:02 PM   #254

I bought a 133x Patriot 2G and I wanted to know if you guys think it will work? I hope so. I bought it from ecost.com for $109. It was a great deal if it works!
JenHolmes01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 7:27 PM   #255

Hey everyone

Im new to the forums, but the information you guys have provided has been invaluable. I went from trying to purchase a miniDV, to a fisher C1, to a C5 and now, the C6. I ordered from 123warehouse as well. They called me today and verified my shipping address. I spoke with them about whether or not it was a DMX model or a VPC. "Joe" (the person calling me) assured me it is the VPC and the warrenty is valid. He then said, if ANYTHING goes wrong with the camera, 123warehouse has a 1 year parts and labor deal. You simply send it back, then they handle the rest, free of charge. Needless to say, they seem to be a high quality outfit. And to think, i was just about to buy one off Ebay from Plemix. The camera will be here shortly and ill try to add to the community as much as I can. Again, thanks to everyone on this thread for helping me come to the correct decision:G
DRDJDesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 7:27 PM   #256

theranman wrote:
Quote:
I think that image stabilization (whether optical or digital) on the still side of things would help a lot in some of these low light pics. It'll probably happen in the C7, but I can't wait that long.
Thismight beobvious to you, but I thought I'd point it out anyhow because it seems you are under the impression OIS always ensures clearer pictures. Optical image stabilisation (because digital will never do anything for stills) can only offset very minor tremors of the camera. If you use a tripod and timer, image stabilisationwill donothing at all. It also cannot help if the camera or your subject(s)are moving, or ifthe camera"shake" is greater than the travel of the OIS lens. And the smaller the camera and lens, the less itcan help.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:19 PM   #257

>>The smaller the camera and lens, the less it can help.<<

THAT, I didn't know, but after thinking about it, it makes perfect sense. thx

Hey, has anybody checked out the Samsung L55W? It has many of the same features as the C6, but I haven't seen much written about it. Widescreen LCD looks cool.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:52 PM   #258

Good find !

Got the site

http://www.samsungcamera.com/product...tabmenu=3#tabs

It has some nice high res still, bit only outdoor 50ASA.

Under shooting mode if you click the movie camera ico, you get a half def sample that looks nice, but I am Still looking for a review or full res video samples.

Another with some stills in less ideal lighting conditions

http://whatdigitalcamera.com/equipme..._L50_11113.php

Found full res video there

http://index.hu/tech/digicam/cikkek/digimaxl55wr/!1

scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:46 PM   #259

Yeah, Samsung's certainly one to watch, I've had my eye on Samsung's miniket series as well, first almost a year agothe 10x optical VP-M2100 with 720x576 video with built-in 1GB + multi-card slot (looks big but it's actually about the size of a deck of cards),the "not a miniket"i50, thenthe multi-media 5Mp "credit card" sizedVP-MS15, and nowthe all purpose mp3/video multimedia/Digital TV/Radio receiver"credit card" sizedSCD-K50 5Mp, MPEG-4, optical zoom and image stabilizer, don't have much details about wonder. I suspect they will come out with an updated version of the VP-M2100 next year and when they do, that might just be the camera for me. Butlet's stay on topic, there is a Samsung forum to take this to...:G
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:33 AM   #260

I was wondering for those of you who ordered from Warehouse123.com- did you track your order through shipping? I have been keeping an eye on the shipment and it hasn't had any updates since it left Hong Kong 2 days ago. I shipped it 2-3 days so that it would hopefully arrive by today but I am doubtful. Like most of you I ordered Sunday and got my confirmation call early Monday morning and they shipped that day. From those of you who ordered- what do you think my chances are that I will get it today? It is 6 days since ordering. And like I said the tracking says nothing since the 14th. Did you experience this? Please give me some details as to how your order was managed. Thanks beforehand!
JenHolmes01 is offline   Reply With Quote