Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:44 AM   #261

I ordered mine from warehouse123 on Monday and my card was debited a few hours afterwards so I assumed (as is stated on their website) that it had also been shipped Monday. However my order was not shipped until Thursday which was a bit of a disappointment as I was told it should arrive Saturday (6 days).

Through the tracking number i was sent i can see the order left Hong Kong late Thursday on route to New York, UPS has no further updates. It's a 16 hour flight so I figure its in US customs around now....I do hope I don't get hit with any imports duties!!
Panita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:50 AM   #262

Well I know mine was shipped Monday late or Tuesday morning. I told the guy I was leaving town and he said he was putting in the outgoing shipments immediately. It has where it left Hong Kong on the 14th and nothing since. Curious to hear how long after others saw this that they got theirs as well. Today is 6 days since I ordered so I hope it comes today. I am leaving my house tomorrow to drive to catch my flight around 10-10:30 so I probably will not be here long enough to get it if it comes tomorrow. I hope it comes today- I really don't want $500 floating around while I'm gone til Thursday!

JenHolmes01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:23 AM   #263

I ordered late Saturday night and received it Wednesday (as he estimated over the phone). I was able to track my item each night and see its progress from Hong Kong to San Francisco. Of course, if you live further east then I would assume it would take a bit longer.
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:33 AM   #264

that's great to here, I'm just out here in San Mateo so I suspect I will be getting mine rather quickly. Man, I cannot wait. Has anyone noticed that the video gets choppy when panning from left to right? How does the camera do with sports?
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:41 AM   #265

Here is my tracking info (ordered Tuesday afternoon Dec 13, confirmed address by e-mail Dec 14, credit card payment confirmedDec 14):

Posting Date 15-Dec-2005
Posting Time 16:30
Drop-off Point Kwong Wa Street Post Office
Destination Canada

Date # Location Delivery Status
15-Dec-2005 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
15-Dec-2005 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
16-Dec-2005 Hong Kong Departed.

Woo Hoo!!
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:03 PM   #266
TNN

2 night videos and flash shot taken with Xacti C6: http://www.putfile.com/techna

- 2 trains passing each other
- Placing an 8x21 binocular over the lens (hand held!). Quality is much better than using digital zoom.
- Flash shot of a color target at 3m and 6m. Note: the colors on the printout are not the same as on the Gretag target. Each ISO-12233 printout is 200mm high.
TNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:34 PM   #267

Thanks TNN,that binocular oneis kinda funny... you peeping tom! A lot of shake, but I guess a given considering it'sultra zoomed and hand held. They are bothvery grainy, but I guess I wouldn't expect to be able to film outside at night like that without night vision. Do you find it acceptable indoors under normal lighting?
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:46 PM   #268

I'll be looking forward to reading a bunch of folks opinions of its indoor capability. Can it take shots at a restaurant of a small group of people 5-6 ft. away? Bars, etc.? I'd really like to get a better feel for its hard limits indoors..especially given its weak flash. Since I'm not a videophile, this is important to me. I don't need the best indoor pics, but I do need acceptable, under average conditions.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:50 PM   #269
TNN

So far I'm very satisfied by the low light and indoors performance of the C6.
I filmed a lecture today, from the back row (I'm not a student...!), and both sound and image were excellent. Even with all lights turned off I could film the speaker's face against the projector's image; using only the light reflected off the wall from the videoprojector's image.

This is a camera for all party-goers!
TNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:59 PM   #270

Great to hear. Thanks TNN.

Any other owners care to chime in???
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote