Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 16, 2005, 7:09 PM   #281

JenHolmes01 wrote:
Quote:
Do you know the speed? I bought a Patriot 133x 2G SD card and I am not sure it will work either. Was wondering if you guys knew?!?!? Thanks!
No, but I can tell you this is the card I bought that works in the C6 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820180627
gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 2:46 AM   #282

Hey, I just noticed some 4GB SD cards coming on the market? Is this the first time for these things?
Too bad, they all seem to be 150x speed (probably won't work with C6). Here's one from eCost.com:

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecdm/shop...pno~601848.asp

4GB 150X Secure Digital SD Card
Transcend's Ultra-Speed 150X Secure Digital Cards offer the kind of blazing speed that professional users have long been dreaming of. The best choice for your digital cameras and other handheld device.

Price: $229 on sale... wow!

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:23 PM   #283

I started shooting with C6 and am not impressed with it's video performance.

Too grainy and it's no where close to the DV camcorders.. i don't believe mpeg4 is

what i imagined it to be: mpeg2 replacement.

i did shoot is TV SHQ mode. i'l ltry to upload some today

FFF
flyn-fat-father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 7:23 PM   #284

flyn-fat-father wrote:
Quote:
[...]it's no where close to the DV camcorders.. i don't believe mpeg4 iswhat i imagined it to be: mpeg2 replacement.[...]
To getDV quality, at this time you still need to get a camcorder. Unless I'm misunderstanding, you seem to imply that DV = MPEG-2, this is not the case at all. DV with sound > 35Mbps, MPEG-2 with sound > 6Mbps, C6's MPEG-4 ASP with sound ~3Mbps. MPEG-4ASP done properly will run circles around MPEG-2, however doing MPEG-4 in real-time is extremely processor intensive and does not allow for proper analysis of the input stream. If you had any experience with non-realtime encoded MPEG-4 ASP (Divx, Xvid, 3ivx, etc.) you would know that, properly encoded (multi-pass analysis) it can match MPEG-2 at a fraction of the bit-rate and by far exceed it at the same bit rate. Having said that, I do beleive the C6's real-time MPEG-4at least matches other camera's real-time MPEG-2while only consuminghalf the bit rate (half the file size).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 8:13 PM   #285

umm.. I'm not sure if I got that.. but..

Thank you very much for explanation.

I take it that DV > C6 > mpeg2 cams(like sony M1), etc.

I decided to keep c6 now because i think there is no other thing that

will let you put it in shirt pocket (not coat) and do video and 6MP while doing satisfactorily on low light situations.

I'm now trying to find a free place to post some pictures and video..

FFF
flyn-fat-father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 12:21 AM   #286

flyn-fat-father wrote:
Quote:
[...]mpeg2 cams(like sony M1)[...]
The Sony M1also does MPEG-4.Not all MPEG (be it 1, 2 or 4, they all have complex algorithms) encoding engines are created equal, therefore results vary.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:50 AM   #287

Sorry guys..i know this post doesnt belong here..but does anyone know about VIVITAR DVR 510 specs?

The shape and style are exactly like SANYO XACTI !!

Here's the link :

http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/productsshow_2.php?product_id=118&category_id= 2

Unfortunately, no specs show on the site.

Also checkout http://www.techdigestuk.typepad.com/...st/camcorders/

for other mini dv camcorders. Happy hunting !

cabrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 10:53 AM   #288

cabrino wrote:
Quote:
Sorry guys..i know this post doesnt belong here..but does anyone know about VIVITAR DVR 510 specs?[...]
Don't know about the 510, but I'm certain it will be consistentwith their entire line of cheap hybrids. Not at all in the same category as the C6.These types of camerasare inexpensive because they lack very basic features, likethe simple ability to focus, let alone have an optical zoom. If you want info or to discussthese types of cameras you should go in the Hybrid forumwhere you will findhundreds ofcomparable models.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 7:09 PM   #289

It's awfully quite in here... I was hoping the C6 user reviews would be rolling in by now... :sad:
bst_photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:47 AM   #290

Heh, "Joe" from warehouse123 called my wife on Friday and told her we should be getting the camera by Tuesday or so (fingers crossed XX).

I ordered a Sandisk memory card from ecost.com, that looked to be a really decent web-store, then I ordered a spare battery + charger from digital-camera-battery.net (it wasn't the raging deal that Steve had gotten for $8, then again this outfit had a package deal with a charger, low shipping fees, and they permitted credit card transaction without requiring PayPal).

Nothing has arrived to date but I promise to post some info + opinion as soon as it gets here!

Edit: oh, I just noticed, Plemix raised the price of the black & red C6 cameras by $10 again, back to $465. The "gold" one is still $455. I guess the VPC model was supposed to be silver, black, and red, perhaps the DMX colors are gold, black, and red?

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote