Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:18 PM   #21

I was able to pick up a couple of C6's in Akihabara (Japan Domestic version) Saturday for 46KJPY (about $400). I had a C5 before and am very impressed with the low light capabilities of the newer C6. I shot a short video on the airplane with the lghts off (during the showing of a movie). This would not have been possible with my C5. The file is a little too large to post. Attached is a photo (actually take with my C5) and run through the red-eyereducion post-processing. Decent results and fully automatic detection and correction.
Attached Images

ristraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 9:07 PM   #22

Thank you foryour feedbackristraman! It's very usefulto have actual usersshare their experience. If you could post a very short video directly from the C6 demonstrating the low light performance, it would be greatly appreciated by the members and silent majority. If you shared with us your likes and dislikes that would be nice as well.

With http://www.putfile.com/you canquickly upload a native .MP4 file from the C6under 10MB in size easily and for free, and post the resulting link here. Thanks.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 1:04 AM   #23

breckbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 1:04 AM   #24

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
seiboshen wrote:
Quote:
If you guys can find me links to sites that are selling these bad boys around the $450 range, I'll buy one and post a review. I'm not ready to shell out $650 for this thing though.
I did post a link, see a few posts up. Kokakuwill link you to the Japanese on-line stores that sell it for53,680¥ (possiblystill lower). If youwant an American seller, then you will have to wait quite a bit longer unfortunately. TheJapanese always get the toys long before the rest of us. And by the way I could be wrong but I think Plemix ships from Hong Kong.
Thanks for that Japanese link, but I can't read Japanese...even if my browser supported the characters...which it does not. I'm not too bothered by buying one off of a Japanese site if only I could proceed w/the transaction. Do you have any solutions? Anything to avoid getting screwed by the person selling them on Ebay for $700.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Breckbone
breckbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:04 PM   #25

Based on the preliminary reviews, if anyone can find a website with ENGLISH that is selling the C6 for under $500, I will buy that and give you guys a personal review. I wasn't able to get my XBOX 360 so I got some money that needs to be spent on some electronic goodies
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:32 PM   #26

Wow, gotta get rid of that Xbox360 money fast... :-) (Off Topic: been seeing more and more reports of the 360crashing, yikes!) There are C6s on ebay for $499 now, but of course theycan ding you on shipping (not to mentionit's alittle worrisome). But since it really just, justcame out, like a few days ago, I imagine it might be difficult to find a good deal just yet from a seller catering to Americans, unless you happen to be in Japan at a duty free shop. But it would be great tosee yourreview if you do get one!:G

Are you sure you made up your mind seiboshen? Are you sure you're still not consideringthe (S2 IS), or something better, orsoon to be released? Muahaha!:lol: (sorry, I'm feeling nasty silly today).
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:43 PM   #27

When they make the S2 IS in a pocketable version (impossible), I'll be all over it as my single camera. Until then, it'll be either the C5 or T9 for my pocketable and the next version of the S2 as my "high performance zoom model". Perhaps an upcoming S3 IS.

Btw, since I know that Circuit City carries Sanyo cams, I asked a sales monkey to see a C5...which they didn't have in stock. Didn't even know when they'd be getting any in stock either. Weren't even familiar with them even thoug they could pull it up on the computer. Then I asked to see the Sony T7. Camera lcd was dark and inoperable.

Yep, Circuit City is the place to drop your hard earned money.....phhhhhhht!
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 1:50 AM   #28

They have some C5s at a chain (Compusmart) near where I live. I was able to hold one, but there was no juice, so I couldn't really play with it. It feels really small, butI like the way you palm it rather than hold it by the edges like a typical digicam. They aren't moving cause they are just too expensive relative to the other digicams in the display case.

And seiboshen, I think I was projecting my frustration with never buying anything because I keep waiting for the ideal device.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 12:58 PM   #29

As far as an ideal POCKETABLE digicam, I can't find anything that either the C6 or Sony T9 don't have. Pick your price point. For <$400, gotta go with the T9. For $525-$650, gotta go with the C6. The things I like most about the C6 are the 5X zoom, both the lens and lcd are fully protected when not in use, the sound output is stereo, and the wind reduction and the improved low light pics (supposedly).
Things I like about the T9 are its amazingly small size, optical stabilizaton, larger lcd, and improved low light pics...much more pocketable than the C6. I also like the fact that Sony is much more financialy stable than Sanyo, which might back out of the digicam business at some point...google for detals.

Also, I'd LOVE to know if the C6 will EVER be available in brick and mortar stores. Sure as hell is difficult even finding a C5 to hold.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 2:16 PM   #30

Yup, it's a sad state of affairs for Sanyo. I'm not crazy about Sony's "we want to control the world" attitude,* la Microsoft. And that whole proprietary Memory Stick thing rubs me the wrong way. They keep coming out with new Memory Sticks that aren't compatible with previous version readers and are more expensive than competing media. An original Memory Stick device has no more upgrade options than an obsoleteSmartMedia user.

As for the T9,what aboutthe video quality? Sony's MPEG VX (which is the old MPEG-1 video, by the way) leaves much to be desired. It produces poor quality videoinfairly large files. I don't see how you canput the T9's video on equal footing with the C6? Or are you justprimarily concerned withstills?