Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:37 AM   #291

Checked warehouse123.com on Monday the 19th, and they are backordered .

Grunchy, you just ordered yours, was it on "backordered" status at the time you ordered, or did it say it was in stock?

I dont think this was ever answered, when ordering from warehouse123.com, do you get an official Sanyo warrarty card? warehouse123.com claims a one year warrenty, is this theirs or a manufacturer's warranty...huge difference.

Anyone with any insight, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jimbo
double0jimb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:32 AM   #292

Warranty was discussed awhile back in this long thread, apparently when questioned,Joe at warehouse123.commentioned an in-house1 year replacement warranty. Now, that depends on them staying in business that long, and also keeping that commitment for that long... things change.

Oh, as for backordered: the second I hit the "confirm" button on Dec 13 they were still on hand, I think the very next day I saw they were backordered. They are still backordered? I just checked, yes they are. :sad:

I bought with Visa, so supposedly that gives me purchase price guarantee & extended warranty. I don't know too much about it because I've never used it before, but I've talked to other people and they say Visa always honors its commitments (they don't seem to advertise it any more -- shrug!).

My pop says you can always count on the Polish guarantee: if it breaks in two pieces, you get to keep both of them. Sounds good to me...

Funny, I'm not too worried about warranty problems (though they can ruin your day in an awful hurry) so much as waking up one day to find the thing marked down $200. Groan!

Hey, big question for you guys: what about this photobank device I've heard about, and supposedly on eBay? I saw one with 16 card reader and "white label refurbished" 20GB 2.5" drive, internal Lithium battery good for 1-2 hrs, for 50 UK pounds. What about that thing/that company? The Transcend Photobank comes up for over $200, ouch, that sticker shock stings.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:49 AM   #293

ardenlm wrote:
Quote:
....oh and this is the PNY card that I have that fails:

http://www.pnyeurope.com/uk/flash_hs_sd133x.asp
Hi!

I've created a wiki page where anyone cancontribute to the list of SD cards that either work of fail with Xacti C6:

http://androxylo.schtuff.com/sanyo_x..._compatibility

Please make your entry, that will be very useful for all of us! Thanks.

And another point about posting video samples. I think eMule/eDonkey is exactly the thing where technology meets demand. RIAA makes a valid point that people use fileshare to violate copyrights, so lets use this nice technology for legitimate case.
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:14 PM   #294

just got my C6 from warehouse 123, but, i'm in the US and the plug on the power supply is not for US. any help would be greatly appreciated. the ac adaptor says 100-240v input.thanx for any help
snuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:16 PM   #295

Just heard official word from warehouse123.com about their warranty (they replied to an email sent at 1:30AM EST in about 1 hour, good stuff!!!). From the email from Joe at warehouse123.com:
The warranty is covered by Warehouse123.com. We provide 1 Year Parts and Labor. The offical Sanyo Warranty Card (with Serial Number) will be kept by Warehouse123.com.

The main point is we will take care of all the warranty for you and you DO
NOT need to pay for any repairing fee. (Of course, you can send it to
Sanyo but you might need to pay for repairing fee)

Here below is the reference information:
-------------------------------------------

In case you are out of town or in Canada, we will still provide coverage.
Our after service center is located in California, you will need to send
it to there if you need to get repaired.

I personally would rather keep the warranty card/info myself, but they seem very intent on "taking care of you," so I guess I can live with it.

Reason I am concerned about the warranty: My 3.5 year old laptop that I, by some act of God, bought a 4-year extended warranty for just crapped out. Warranty company sent me a $1700 check for the P.O.S., it was actually worth maybe $100. That early Christmas present allowed me get a shiny new laptop and a fancy camera to go along with it :-)
double0jimb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:17 PM   #296

snuzzles, I guess if it'san 'EX' model you got the orginal European plug? Filmchick apparently got a US plug despite getting an 'EX' model, I wonder if Warehouse123 switched theplug cord for her/him (wasbox open)? If you say the AC adaptor says 100-240 input thenit sounds like it mightbe universal(don't take myword for it!), so you should just need to change the plug cord.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:41 PM   #297

If they're holding onto the warranty card, it's highly likely that they're an unauthorized seller. They don't want you filling it out and "outting" them to Sanyo.

So few user reports thus far. C'mon folks we're waiting to hear more opinions!
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:00 PM   #298

Yes, the box I received didn't appear to be open or tampered with...check my original post to see the picture of the box I received. It was a standard US plug, but then again, it was also the RED version, so it may be different...?

AND NOW MORE ON THE C6...

Okay, so after using the C6 over the weekend, I must say that I am liking it even more and more. On my initial test in my room, I was just using it for the sake of testing...it wasn't until I was capturing REAL memories that the quality of the camera really shined.

I took it out when I went Christmas tree shopping in the rain at night. I also shot a lot of footage indoors and it held up quite well! The only issue I had with the camera was its slow auto-focus. It's very shifty and you have to turn the focus lock on a lot if you want your low light footage to look good.

I do wish the flash would work when taking photos while you're shooting video becauseunless you have a tripod or super-steady hand, the picture will most likely be blurry. The video does indeed pause for a second when you take a picture and you will see this in the footage.

Photos with flash indoors from about 3-4 feet away look great. I haven't tried farther than that yet, but I usually don't shoot group photos that far anyway.

No thumb cramp anymore...I'm pretty much used to the controls now and don't need to dwelve into the settings that much.

I also wanted to mention that the Ebay dealer graciously sent me another 2gb SD card of the SAME BRAND - Adata - that was rated 60x instead of 150x and now it works with the C6 beautifully and without issues. The SD card compatiblity must have to do with the speed rating.

And now, here are some sampleNIGHT & INDOOR videos for your perusal:

http://www.hotpopcorn.com/xacti/

1) Christmas Tree Lot at Night & Rain

2) Christmas Tree Lot Workers loading the tree on our truck

3) Indoor shot of putting the star on tree

4) Indoor shot of outdoor light vs indoor light inside Starbucks

Enjoy!
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:42 PM   #299

theranman wrote
Quote:
So few user reports thus far. C'mon folks we're waiting to hear more opinions!
I've had mine for almost a week and I think it is great, mainly due to the small form factor rather than due to the quality of the photos or videos. Picture and video quality is quite good, IMO, as long as there is plenty of light. But it struggles if the light isn't good, particularly with still photos shot at a distance in low light, unless you use the low resolution "candle mode" or can hold your hand very still for a couple of seconds while using night mode.

The main reason I love it is being able to easily carry around such a tiny camera and take pictures or videos more or less on the spur of the moment. It will be great for our upcoming Christmas trip to Disneyland. It easily fits into a pocket and I am looking forward to trying it out on some of the rides. I will certainly take far more video now than I used to when having to haul around the large camcorder, although I will save the camcorder for important events where video quality, not portability, is more important.

A couple of nights ago, I took it with me when I took my family to look at Chritmas lights. I took a video of a couple of very impressive light displays, while driving slowly by. The video came out quite good. How many other cameras can you use to take a high quality video at night with one hand while driving? (I wouldn't recommend trying to drive and shoot, but I was only going about 2 mph at the time).

So, all in all, I'm quite pleased. The camera has its limitations, but I'm guessing I'll end up using it far more than I've ever used a camera or camcorder in the past.

gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:46 PM   #300

Wow, Filmchick, thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and generous (almost 80GB!) video feeds! Those are great, it's nice to getreal world everyday usage samples, and they look quite good, I'm impressed. I don't know much about photography butcould the few purple streakscaused bybright lights at nightbe some sort of lens flare artefact? It seems I've seen this effect before?

Edit: thanks for the feedback gusher1!
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote