Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:55 PM   #301

>>Caelum: "I don't know much about photography.<<

Sure could have fooled me.

Filmchick, Gusher,

Thanks for the great feedback! If you can go into just a tiny bit more detail about indoor/low light pics, I'd appreciate it. The majorit of my pics will be for indoor parties. How do "average light" indoor pics turn out? The C5 had somewhat of a nasty rep for indoor/low light pics, but I'm not quite sure how to quantify that. If the C6 were to be your ONLY camera, are the indoor pics good enough? Thanks.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 4:26 PM   #302

theranman wrote:
Quote:
I like to think I know a lot about computers and technology, but I'm probably fooling myself.

Onthis Japanese C6 blog a guy took a photoindoors ata store, I guess overhead office stylelighting is plenty because it looks fine. It's full 6Mp and was taken at ISO 75, onlymanequinin focus (click thumbnail for full):

[align=center][/align]
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 5:11 PM   #303

plenty of light in that pic, but detail is merely ok. Can you make out the logo on the price tag? Would it be acceptable to me?...maybe. I'd have to print it out to know for sure. I'd like to see some more samples from the folks on this forum.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 5:21 PM   #304

theranman wrote:
Quote:
>>Caelum: "I don't know much about photography.<<

Filmchick, Gusher,

Thanks for the great feedback! If you can go into just a tiny bit more detail about indoor/low light pics, I'd appreciate it. The majorit of my pics will be for indoor parties. How do "average light" indoor pics turn out? The C5 had somewhat of a nasty rep for indoor/low light pics, but I'm not quite sure how to quantify that. If the C6 were to be your ONLY camera, are the indoor pics good enough? Thanks.
theranman, I've taken more videos than stills over the last week and am not sure I've figured out how to optimize the stills in low/average light yet. But my impression is the manequin photo posted by Caelum pretty much sums it up. Indoor photos are fine as long as there is plenty of light (e.g., the store scene with the manequin). In a less well-lit (average?) room, the images are darker but can be brightened up with good results with some software tweaking. In low-light, you need to be within the range of the flash if you want decent results, or use the low-res candle mode, or use a tripod with night mode).

The low-light videos seem to work much better, but I've also noticed some problems with the focus holding in low-light videos. I took a video of my 5-year old daughter singing Christmas Carols with her kindergarten class in a gym that was not brightly lit, and the camera had difficulty holding the focus, particularly when the kids moved around. Although my Christmas lights video shot from a moving car had no focus issues at all; it came out quite good. Maybe the camera has an easier time focusing on bright lights in a dark background than people in a somewhat dimly-lit gym.
gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 5:26 PM   #305

Thanks, Gusher.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 5:43 PM   #306

more PHOTO AND VIDEO I LOVE SANYO C6 I┬┤DLIKE IN BLACK:lol::-):|
hx4700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:00 PM   #307

To illustrate the average/dim light capability of the C6, I've taken a couple of photos in my living room to compare the C6 with my old 1.3 mp Fuji, which I always thought took good pictures. I would characterize the room as being pretty dimly lit. I had on only one overhead light on a very gray day here. I was about 14 feet away from the fireplace, and both cameras' flash fired on auto.

This one is the Fuji.
Attached Images

Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:02 PM   #308

This one is the C6. (Note: the image came out darker than this and I brightened it up a tad using Microsoft Office Picture Manager).

Attached Images

Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:26 PM   #309

I dunno if it was the "brightening up" you did, but the colors seem completely washed out with the C6.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:38 PM   #310

I got my camera Saturday about ten minutes after I left for San Antonio. I ordered it last Sunday late at night, so about 6 days from ordering. I ordered a Patriot 2G 133x from Ecost and when I get home I will let you if it works and my opinion of the camera itself. However this won't be until I return Wednesday night or Thursday morning. So hopefully this weekend I will have something to say about it.
JenHolmes01 is offline   Reply With Quote