Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:40 PM   #311

I agree, the colors are not as vivid with the C6 in a dimly-lit room. I've played around with increasing the amount of color in the picture and that helps some, but it still doesn't come out looking as good as the Fuji picture. I think this illustrates that the C6 simply doesn't gather as much light in a dimly-lit room. Which is the limitation I was speaking about previously.

I like the C6 for its versatility and its portability. But there are tradeoffs, and picture quality in less than bright light is certainly a tradeoff.

gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:46 PM   #312

using those photos for comparison, I'd say a BIG tradeoff...hmmm.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 7:16 PM   #313

Thanks gusher1, yeah it looks like nothing beatsa strong flash for low light photos at a distance. The C6 photo looks like ithad togo toISO 300, the Fuji photo appears to have used ISO 125. Having to brightenphotos in post processing reduces the dynamic range since it simplyslides the colors up,made evidentwith thelack of any blackwhen lookingat the color corrected C6 photo's histogram (no dark colors below 30). I realizeit was heavily recompressed to post here, but I assume the color range is representative.

Edit: I was playing with that C6 photo in a photo editing packageand it seems other color/tone adjustments (some "auto adjust", othersappear to use logarithmic or gamma corrections) might have done a better job on the color curve without washing out the darks.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 7:18 PM   #314
Administrator

Guys this thread is now at 16 pages so I am going to close it. Feel free to stop another thread for the C6.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:08 PM   #315

Hey guys, I was just about to order a C6 then a friend of mine told me about Aipek PKDV58-CS. It seems to be as goodas C6 if not better. Target sells it for $149.99. It's the flagship of Aiptek.

I know, Aiptek is not as famous as Sanyo. But I wonder if it PKDV58-CS
should be checked out before buying the C6. Sany0 C6 costs nearly $600.

Can anyone throw some light on this, please?

espy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:26 PM   #316

espy, I don't know how you missed it but THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. The Aiptek has a cheap lens, ithas noability to focus, no optical zoom, etc. Go to the Hybrid Forum to discuss that model. Please respect Steve's wish and do not reply in this thread.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:33 PM   #317

I also like the fact that it's larger than the C6, has a whopping 3mp sensor, and does macros down to a super close 40cm!..phhht!

feel free to erase this, moderator.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 6:14 PM   #318

Ok, I am sorry, didn't knowthe thread wasclosed. I am brand new (just signed up today) to the forum. Appreciate your feedback.
espy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:24 PM   #319

where did you get your silver model from and how much did you pay?
remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:25 PM   #320

michelob wrote:
Quote:
Good for you.

Seems the other lot are a bit underhand then in promising VPC's but sending out DMX's. I'm getting a DMX but i'm saving £130 over buying a VPC here,plus they only had it in silver and I wanted black. So i'll just take my chances with the warranty.

where did you get your sliver model from and how much did you pay?

remi is offline   Reply With Quote