Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:14 PM   #31

I found sanyo c5 lots of them online for 331$ bucks, search sanyo vpc c5 on froogle and click on digitalsaver.com

Or copy this to ur browser
http://www.digitalsaver.com/stores.asp?productid=VPCC5
Most of them are from Newyork.

shhh.

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Yup, it's a sad state of affairs for Sanyo. I'm not crazy about Sony's "we want to control the world" attitude,* la Microsoft. And that whole proprietary Memory Stick thing rubs me the wrong way. They keep coming out with new Memory Sticks that aren't compatible with previous version readers and are more expensive than competing media. An original Memory Stick device has no more upgrade options than an obsoleteSmartMedia user.

As for the T9,what aboutthe video quality? Sony's MPEG VX (which is the old MPEG-1 video, by the way) leaves much to be desired. It produces poor quality videoinfairly large files. I don't see how you canput the T9's video on equal footing with the C6? Or are you justprimarily concerned withstills?
shhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:35 PM   #32

Regarding the C6 vs. T9 video quality, I've seen neither, so I'll have to withhold judgement until I've had both in my hands.

And as for the availability of the C5, yes, there are plenty of them on line, but I was talking about their non-appearance in brick and mortar stores. I've yet to see a single one, and I'll be damned if I buy ANY camera without picking it up and getting a feel for it first. I was astonished at how small the T7 was, but it had two teeny tiny buttons on the bottome that were almost impossible to get a feel for even with MY smallish hands.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 4:36 PM   #33

That shhh post looks like Edit: ok, maybe not spam, but it's just weird,it's quoting my post without relevance?
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 2:23 AM   #34

theranman wrote:
Quote:
Regarding the C6 vs. T9 video quality, I've seen neither, so I'll have to withhold judgement until I've had both in my hands.[...]
You didn't want to look at the 50MB video takenwith the C6 in Akihabara News' mini review? I haven't seen T9 video yet (camera isn't out), but since the specs say it's using MPEG VX, then it cannot exceed the limits of MPEG-1 video,which says alot. And I have yet to see one MPEG VX video from a Sony camera that approaches anywhere near VHS quality.My fatherhas a Sony DSC-P200 and it boasts 7.2 Mp and MPEG VX 640x480 30fps video, the pictures are good, but the video sucks.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:47 AM   #35

Caelum,

I would have loved to see that Akihabara C6 video, but do you have any idea of downloading that to my p.o.s. webtv box would do?
Webtv sucks! Getting a real computer soon, though.
Was the video of pretty decent quality? Thanks for the lowdown on the T9's capability.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:10 PM   #36

Wow, I didn't think WebTV existed anymore, interesting. I'm reluctant toqualify the C6 video, since it's subjective,but yes, I think it's very high quality considering the scene is highly complex (loads of edges as opposed to large smooth areas) and the camera is clearly handheld and there is a lot of movement. Mostdigicams would struggle with that complex scene, let alone all of the movement. The optical zoom is great, the digital zoom is not great, but it's pretty good.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 3:27 PM   #37

Actually, it's called MSNtv now, but it's basicallly the same....with a little more functionality, high speed access etc. Interestingly enough, about 10 yrs ago, a tiny little multi-level marketing company came out with a product which enabled folks to use the internet without a computer. It was merely a little box that sat on top of your tv and plugged into a phone line. Back then, it was called "FutureNet". I know this because my brother was involved in selling it. Five years later, a little company called Microsoft bought out Futurenet and decided to rename the product WebTv. My brother made some good money on that one...and introduced me to the web at the same time. Now, Webtv has once again been renamed...MSNtv. Same game.

Thanks for the opinion on the video.

Btw, it sucks that Akihabara posted a half assed "review". Talk about a teaser. I wonder when the remainder will be posted???
Old Nov 25, 2005, 4:02 PM   #38

theranman wrote:
Quote:
[...]Btw, it sucks that Akihabara posted a half assed "review". Talk about a teaser. I wonder when the remainder will be posted???
Thanks for the info. About Akihabara News, keep in mind that they are not a fancy photography site,just an all around gadgets and high-tech stuffblog. They did label it a "mini" review, give'em a break. I mostly care about seeing samplesthat I can judge myself, and they are supplying those, if I want specs, I go to the source, so I'm satisfied. Daimaouposted on theirforum today that he'll get part 2 out "soon" but that he's got a lot on his plate this weekend.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:48 PM   #39

Does anyone know if I'll be able to find one of these in Hong Kong? I have a friend going there and if it's available, I'm gonna buy one and let you guys know first hand whether or not this C6 is worth the extra $$ over the C5
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 10:32 PM   #40

anyone buy anything from yesasia.com would you or would you not?

Thanks for the help.
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote