Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:35 AM   #41

I'll complete the above message and also suggest that we post the sites that are selling the C6 as it becomes avaliable for the benetit of us "early adopters" who don't want to wait to two months to get this model.

The above site looks like the cheapest so far, listing the C6 as avaliable with free international shipping for $539 a pop.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...ion-all/did-10

Looks like the C6 has arrived also in the UK, selling at £380 here;

http://www.purelygadgets.co.uk/prodinfo.php?prodid=1489

Any more?
Panita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:06 AM   #42

I admire the courage of you folks willing to buy from those Hong Kong/Japan sellers with their mostly "all sales final" policy. Living here in the US makes this a too risky proposition for me. I don't even know if a Sanyo service center would service the camera if it hasn't even been released here. Guess I'll have to wait it out in order to appease my own comfort level.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 11:23 AM   #43

I haven't found user ratings for yesasia on bizrate, eopinions (only a couple, could be plants) or fatwallet, I did find some on resellerratings.I likestore user ratings, especially negative ones,it gives a good idea of what to expect, take prestigecamera's rating at bizrate for example,the commentsclearlyindicate that prestigecamera will pressure sell you accessories.Then if you look at the accessory prices on prestigecamera, it's laughable.

I'll grant that Yesasia is agreat looking site and has a good price especially considering it's free worldwide shipping. And UK users have the added benefit of free shipping and no VATthrough Yesasia global. Wonder if there is a catch? (other than what theranman points out)

seiboshen, I don't know, but as far as I know, the Sanyo C6 is built in Japan, so even Hong Kong/China need to import it from there. But of course, being in closer proximity they probably get it sooner.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 2:47 PM   #44

THANKS for the great feedback. I spoke to yesasia on the phone and they couldnt guaranty that there is a warranty. I will be waiting for Jandr or bandh or amazon.
hope its soon.
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 2:48 PM   #45

i spotted purelygadgets today as well.I was very surprised at the price because dixons and currys were selling the c5 for 20 quid more,so i think i will take the plunge next week and buy one,just waiting for the second part of that review i read.
motty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 5:34 PM   #46

So there is a US version of the C5? I always thought all of Sanyo's C series were imported?
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:43 PM   #47

I may be mistaken, but I believe that the DMX designation signifies a European version, while VPC signifies North America. Somebody correct be if I'm wrong about this.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:10 PM   #48

theranman wrote:
Quote:
I may be mistaken, but I believe that the DMX designation signifies a European version, while VPC signifies North America. Somebody correct be if I'm wrong about this.
Europe has VPC- models as well as North America, so it would seem DMX- is for the Asian market, if not only for the Japanese one. Itgets more complicated, Sanyo has the following models registered forthe C5: DMX-C5, VPC-C5, VPC-C5EX, VPC-C5E, VPC-C5BR, VPC-C5GX, VPC-C5EXBR, VPC-C5EXW, VPC-C5GXBR, VPC-C5GXW, VPC-C5BL. I really don't know what the differencesare, perhaps colors, butI think they also might target different markets. For example, in Canada it's the VPC-C5GX.

Edit: found this in a VPC-C5 user manual: "Power cord rated value: VPC-C5, C5GX: AC125 V, 7A / VPC-C5EX, C5E: AC250 V, 2.5A". So that's one difference.

By the way,these are the models registered for the C6: DMX-C6, VPC-C6, VPC-C6EX, VPC-C6E, VPC-C6EXR, VPC-C6EXBK, VPC-C6GXR, VPC-C6GXBK, VPC-C6EXE. Probablyvery slight differences between them like the packaging, user manual language(s), included SD cards (if any), power cords, software, etc..

Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:24 PM   #49

I found some more sample pictures and videos at this Japanese website

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...0/zooma231.htm

A colleague in Japan emailed me that the export version, the VPC-C6 will not be
available in Japan until mid December with a suggested price of 60,000 yen.
caspermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 10:08 AM   #50

Thx, some very nice looking clips there, although it's still impossible to judge the low light performance compared to the previous C5 unless someone shoots the same scene with both cameras.

Anyone speak Japanese? I tried BabelFish but the conclusion of the review is too garbled to make much sense of.

Basically what I'm thinking is, is the C6's low light performance worth the extra $150 over the current C5 selling price?
Panita is offline   Reply With Quote