Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:42 AM   #71

motty wrote:
Quote:
well i just took the plunge and ordered the c6 from purelygadget in the uk.It cost me 380 quid plus 8quid p and p.I also got a 1 gig sd from ebuyer because i dont think it comes with any.I couldnt wait for more reviews of it.So at least i get a 6m pixel camera and half decent video.I just wanted a new gadget to play with.Also its my christmas present to myself so dont anybody on this forum tell me what i got myself:blah:.It should come back end of the week so i will let you know what its like.

Motty, do you know if the C6 charger comes with a 3 pin UK plug and runs off Uk-mains(240V)?
ardenlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 3:52 PM   #72

i blooming hope so,or i am buggered lol.I just got back from a very bad time at currys were i bought a 32 in lcd hd readyfrom lexsor.It was faulty and had to get a new one,so i hope i dont have any troubles with the c6 and the sd card i ordered.
motty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:03 PM   #73

Hi,

Well, I didn't get everything done yet, but here are two links to low light video same scene on C5/C6.

Please note the time / date for the C5 was still set to Japan - the videos are shot only a minute or two appart.

Low light - indoors with only some 30w halogen spots on the artwork. I used this area since it is challenging going from dark foreground to with bright background objects and reflections off of the framed art.

Quite a difference - please note the reduction in auto-focus / zoom noise as well.

Both cameras were set to multipoint auto-focus / highest video quality ([email protected]).

http://media.putfile.com/C5-Xacti-lo...ple-mult-focus

http://media.putfile.com/C6-Xacti-Low-Light-Multi-Focus

I will try to get to some other comparisons soon.
ristraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:20 PM   #74

wow, the C6 is a whole different animal when it comes to low light situations...
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:28 PM   #75

seiboshen wrote:
Quote:
wow, the C6 is a whole different animal when it comes to low light situations...
Care to give anymore detail than that? I've found my main problem with the C5 is that the flash is utterly miserable (completely useless basically) for anything beyond about 1 foot of range. Other than that I've not really had problems with it (haven't videod much in low light so can't comment more on that).
Arla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:04 PM   #76

ristraman... THANK YOU!! Somuch appreciated! :G

Wow, I was beginning to worry there, notseeing much feedback on the low light performance of the C6. Those two videos you posted are EXCELLENT demonstrations of the differences between the C5 and the C6 with indoor only lighting.Two videos that can actually be compared side by side, brilliant!It is great to actually finally see this difference in action. Andit ISa night and day difference. :shock:

Thanks again ristraman, really appreciate you posting this man! I hope I'm not gushing too much. :-)

By the ways guys, don't forget to change the "View Size" to '640' or 'Original' when you are at the Putfile site to see the full size original video because it defaults to a smaller size.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:41 PM   #77

I hope you don't mind this ristraman, if you do let me know (you can PM me), and I'll take it down immediately. (Oh, and I only just noticed Putfile now forces registration to post anything, that's new, darn!)

I recommend for anyone interested to go and see the videos posted by ristraman. For those of you who can't see the video, I made a screen capture of the C5 and C6 low light videos to show a side-by-side. This has not been edited other than the addition of text, however, it has been reduced and JPEG compressed to post here, so the image quality cannot be judged, however it does give a good idea as to the light capture differences. Thismight beone of the brightest scenes in the video; earlier the C5 video is practically black while the C6 shows a warm (lighting) indoor scene.

Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 9:47 PM   #78

Thanks a lot for the 2 video comparisons ristraman! There's a huge difference! The low light video is a lot better.

This camera seems to meet all of my needs. I just need to read 1-2 more reviews on the C6 as well as some reviews on the strength of the flash
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 9:49 PM   #79

Huge difference indeed.

Next question;

I've seen some side-by-side still photos taken with the Sony T9... image stabilization on/off. The pics with the optical image stabilization ON were dramatically sharper than when the stabilization was off. Do you think the C6 will be capable of taking as sharp images when handheld with the "digital stabilization" on or off.

thanks
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 9:50 PM   #80

Huge difference indeed.

Next question;

I've seen some side-by-side still photos taken with the Sony T9... image stabilization on/off. The pics with the optical image stabilization ON were dramatically sharper than when the stabilization was off. Do you think the C6 will be capable of taking as sharp images when handheld with the "digital stabilization" on or off.

thanks
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote