Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:51 PM   #1

Idon't wantto cross post, but Phill999 and I were having a discussion in the "What camera should Ibuy" forum and came across what appears to bediscrepencies in how Quicktime presents .MP4 video files. I thought this might be of interest to Sanyo Cx users. (Edit: ok, this was mentionned previously in this forum by starpause, for one, but I hope seeing a side-by-side is helpful).

When I play .MP4 files in Quicktime 7 on Windows XP, the videos appear to have much less contrast than when I play them onMedia Player Classic.

The following are actual screenshots of the same .MP4 files played in Quicktime 7 and Media Player Classic onmy PC. The screenshots have been cropped, only text was applied, no other editing at all:

(edit: fixed broken link to comparison image)
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2005, 1:56 AM   #2

I just wanted to mention here that Phill999 pointed out that the VLC Media Player also plays .MP4 files with full contrast, so you might want to consider using it also, or instead.

I assume most people will be using Quicktime, which is includedin the Cx's software package, to play their .MP4 files. Sad to think that so many Windows users will think their Cx videos are washed out.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote