Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:27 PM   #21

The 2Gb Sandisk you are using, Is it the Ultra II or the Extreme ?
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:38 PM   #22

I'm using this card:

http://sandisk.com/Products/ProductInfo.aspx?ID=1086

SanDisk Standard SD™ Card 2GB SDSDB-2048
dorioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:51 PM   #23

dorioo and ipexpert,

Would you let us know how the low light ability (eg. shooting indoor) of the C6 is? Thanks!
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:26 AM   #24

I could, except I don't have a point of comparison.

This is my first sanyo product. Without having experienced the C5, I really don't know how to explain how much better the C6 is with the low light ability.

Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:05 AM   #25

Do you find it adequate indoors under indirect artificial lighting? Also, outdoors at nigh time under street lamp conditions or outdoors just after the sunset (without any extra lights)?Thanks.
mindawgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:42 PM   #26

Someone put video from a C5 and C6 for comparison:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=27&page=4

After viewing the C5 video, I can say that yes, it is adequate indoors. None of the video or pictures that I have taken have come out that dark under that type lighting.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 6:58 PM   #27

Sanyo Japan has put up some christmasflavoredlow light C6 media ina "Xacti Style Press - Weekend Style" segment. The sample photos and movies takenin the Osaka bay area give an idea as to low light capture, however, they are practically useless to evaluate theC6 since they are all very low resolution.

Edit: note that I checked all the photos and videos andnone came directly from the camera. The photos don't have an EXIF header (thereforereducedwith software) and thevideos don't have the camera's signature and were reduced with Applesoftware. So I guess this really doesn't qualify as "samples".

Edit bis: There aresome low light photos that came directly from the C6 at the digiblo blog:part 1; part 2(alltaken withC6 except No.7 is from E6).Most are only VGA resolution, I suspect they might havebeen taken with "Lamp" mode. Some, like No.4, actually have an ISO speed of 900 and yet still look quite good (low noise).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:49 AM   #28

TNNwrote in Sanyo Xacti DMX-C6!:
Quote:
Xacti C6 very low light pictures and videos
http://putfile.com/techna

I took pictures and videos of a Pantone leaflet. This is not an actual Pantone calibration sheet. Unfortunately I have no lux-meter.
Video was shot in a room with electric blinds closed and then tilting the blinds step by step to let some light in on a dark grey day.
At the beginning of the movie the light level in the room is so low you could barely read a newspaper.
Towards the end, the light level in the room is still too low for a person to work.
I then switch on a 13 W desk lamp (Osram Dulux D neon bulb).
Camera set at 50 ISO with autofocus. The video shows the autofocus controller is pumping a little
Camera set at 400 ISO, manual focus. Some graininess but remember the light levels are very low.
I did a white balance of the camera prior to the test. I used the white background chosen with a tone close to that of the leaflet's paper.

Unfortunately, putfile.com automatically reduced the sizes of my pictures and videos. They were originally shot at 6Mpix and 640x480/30fps, respectively.
Links to the full size videos:
xactic6-iso50-lowlightautofocus & xactic6-iso400-lowlightfixedfocus
Old Dec 14, 2005, 7:26 AM   #29

Sanyo has finally put up their own C6 movie samples on their web page, get the downloadable versions for the real thing. They have one handheld daylight video at a race trackshowing "pole girls" holding the C6, and one low light video at a bar they claim is using ISO 3600. Not available for download, but viewablewith Flashis a comparison (from the C5? they don't say) of the same bar video without low light sensitivity.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 2:42 PM   #30

I downloaded the new video files from the Sanyo Website, and when I play them back (even from my disk), the video is very choppy (stops and jump ..). I have also tried to convert them to AVI, in case there was a problem with my Quicktime player, but the problem is still there.

other files are playing smoothly in both of my players...

HAs anyone played these files, and is experiencing the same problem ?
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote