Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 15, 2005, 4:58 PM   #31

Again notdirect samples from the C6, sorry. But it does give a good idea of how the camera captures videoindoors at night. It's from the Digiblo blog again, he's re-compressed the C6 videos down to320x200 and to a very low web friendly 0.3Mbps bit rate. The videos are of his cat(s) playing with a straw basket under normal indoor lighting (he says in his blog entry). Links: His blob entry,Video 1, Video 2. If you listen carefully you can still hear "focus noise", but it seems much more quiet than it was on the C5.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:25 PM   #32
TNN

2 night videos and flash shot taken with Xacti C6: http://www.putfile.com/techna

- 2 trains passing each other
- Placing an 8x21 binocular over the lens (hand held!). Quality is much better than using digital zoom.
- Flash shot of a color target at 3m and 6m. Note: the colors on the printout are not the same as on the Gretag target. Each ISO-12233 printout is 200mm high.
TNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 2:19 PM   #33

more videos PLEASE i love sanyo c6
hx4700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:42 PM   #34
TNN

Firemen in Venice / Vigili del Fuoco in Venezia:
http://www.putfile.com/techna

You'll see:
- That it's nice to be able to very quickly pull out the C6 thanks to its standby mode
- Nice colors
- The effect of Sun on the camera (quite good)
- Brightness adaptation
- Fantastic firemen
- An out-of-balance seagull
TNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:20 PM   #35

THANK YOU

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"MORE MORE MORE PLEASE
hx4700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:51 PM   #36

Thanks TNN, nice video. I'veplayed many of these ultra-compact cams' videos on the TV formy wife and she made the comment: "There's too much movement, it's giving me a headache". I think this is an issue with the ultra-compact's movie mode: best results are achieved with a tripod, but having to carry a tripod around defeats thewhole purpose of getting a pocketable movie camera in the first place. I wonder how steadymy armcould everbe? I think that video could use image stabilisation as well, how do you find the digital IS on the C6 TNN? Does it sacrifice muchquality? Does it work well?
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:29 PM   #37

Here are some indoor / night samples of video shot on the C6 in SHQ:

1 - Shopping for a Christmas tree at night in the rain

2- Clearer (dry) shot of the Christmas tree lot at night

3- Indoors low light shot

4- Starbuck's coffee shop indoors, blue light vs. incandescent indoor light

http://www.hotpopcorn.com/xacti/

Enjoy

FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:57 PM   #38

I cannot access the "putfile" videos at all, but the "hot popcorn" videos worked just fine for me! I downloaded them then converted them into AVI easily.

Two things: first,the vertical purple lines from the lights in the first 3 videos, that'squite distracting. Hmm.

Second, the microphone pickup is a bit on the quiet side. It seemed to pick up more noise than voice.

Otherwise the videos looked pretty good! Wow, even short videos sure blow up in memory size quickly eh?

Edit: oh, did you have video stabilization on?
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:09 PM   #39

Video stabilization was on, there might have been some intentional shifting on my part when I had to talk to some of the Christmas tree workers or when I tried to wipe the rain off of the camera. The only voice on camera should be mine, the woman's voice. The rest should be noise...some weird thing going on with the noise though.

I do have some videos of other people talking directly on camera, I'll see if I can post some more later on.
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 5:18 PM   #40

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Thanks TNN, nice video. I'veplayed many of these ultra-compact cams' videos on the TV formy wife and she made the comment: "There's too much movement, it's giving me a headache". I think this is an issue with the ultra-compact's movie mode: best results are achieved with a tripod, but having to carry a tripod around defeats thewhole purpose of getting a pocketable movie camera in the first place. I wonder how steadymy armcould everbe? I think that video could use image stabilisation as well, how do you find the digital IS on the C6 TNN? Does it sacrifice muchquality? Does it work well?
I think there is one tripod, which is almost always with you. Just grab a stick, put it on the ground and hold the camera on top of it. After usage, discard the stick
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote