Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 20, 2005, 5:04 PM   #41

gusher1wrote in Sanyo Xacti C6:
Quote:
Link to video of Christmas lights shot from a moving car. This is a bit confusing to do. When you load the page, scroll to the bottom then click on "Free." Then it gives you a "download ticket" which makes you wait 30 seconds before downloading. It took me about 5 minutes to download with a broadband connection.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9539340/SANY0039.MP4.html
Quote:
OK, one more video to share. This one is of my 5-year old daughter and a friend singing a Christmas carol. Difficult lighting situation because one of them was standing in direct sunlight and the other in the shade. After this one, I'll stop clogging the internet with my files and leave it to other new C6 owners to share their shots. BTW, this file is a bit larger and will probably take 7-8 minutes to download.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9547004/SANY0036.MP4.html
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:59 PM   #42

Hey guys,

I just received my DMX C6 and I'm working with video.

The camera as we all know now records in MPEG-4 but I cannot seem to burn MPEG-4 to DVD with any of my burning programs.

Your help would be greatly apretciated.

Erik
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:10 PM   #43

Oh, I know what's going on: your DVD player is expecting MPEG-2 not MPEG-4. You have to convert it to MPEG-2 somehow. I haven't installed the program included with the camera, maybe that can do a conversion? I use VirtualDub for editing and conversion, maybe there's a MPEG-2 codec included?

My DVD player is capable of playing DivX files, so all I'm planning to do is to use "MP4 to AVI" conversion software and copy the files direct to disc, and just play the files... conversion is quite a hassle, plus MPEG-2 is a lot less compressed than MPEG-4 by my understanding. On the other hand, if I want to send a disc to friends it'd probably work better in MPEG-2.

Lastly, my DVD player is also a DVD recorder, I could also just "play" the clips into the DVD recorder via S-video cable and record them directly that way.
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:53 PM   #44

Swift E, I assume what you want to do is create a Video DVD rather than a Data DVD (with .MP4 files, which should be easy to burn). You need Video editing software that will allow you to edit and convert the .MP4 files into MPEG-2 (DVD) video ready to burn onto a DVD. If your video editing software doesn't support .MP4 files (I assume Sanyo includesone that does), then convert the .MP4 files into .AVI files using MP4Cam2AVI. All Windows video editing software support .AVI files. If you do this you will need an MPEG-4 codec installed on your PC, like Divx orXvid and an AAC codec (or convert it to PCM/MP3). If you're not sure what a codec is, google it.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 8:31 PM   #45

Swift E wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys,

I just received my DMX C6 and I'm working with video.

The camera as we all know now records in MPEG-4 but I cannot seem to burn MPEG-4 to DVD with any of my burning programs.

Your help would be greatly apretciated.

Erik
You can use DMX-C6's bundled software to author MP4 clips to DVD. The Sanyo Software Pack should include Ulead DVD Movie Writer. Install that.

Once you are running DVD Movie Writer, you will need to import your MP4 clips into the project and arrange them in order. When you are done, the application will transcode to DVD MPEG2 format for you. Transcoding is the time consuming step. It took over 7 hours for 1 hour of video on my Pentium M 1.0 GHz portable computer.

If I recall correctly, and I have only done this once with my DMX-C4, the DVD Movie Writer program has the option to output to a VIDEO_TS folder, an ISO image, or burn the disc directly.

VPC series comes with Ulead DVD Movie Factory instead according to http://sanyo-dsc.com/english/product...pec/index.html . It should have similar workflow.

msb0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 6:56 AM   #46

My DMX, bought in Tokyo came with Ulead Dvd Movie Factory
michelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 2:58 PM   #47

seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote