Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:58 AM   #1

Sanyo have posted the firstsample photos on their web site today, November 18th,for the C6 and the C40.As I come across more samplesI'll post links here.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2005, 3:07 PM   #2

For $700, the chick should come with the camera...at least for a night or two...just to show me how to work the thing, of course.

One bad thing about the C6 I read is that when taking a photo when shooting video, the photo is from the video (vga), not from the regular camera section.
I kinda assumed that the photo would be a regular snapshot, which is kind of a bummer.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:47 PM   #3

theranman wrote:
Quote:
For $700, the chick should come with the camera...at least for a night or two...just to show me how to work the thing, of course.

One bad thing about the C6 I read is that when taking a photo when shooting video, the photo is from the video (vga), not from the regular camera section.
I kinda assumed that the photo would be a regular snapshot, which is kind of a bummer.
Can you point me to whereyou read this? It's strange because on the C5, my understanding is that if your still resolution is set to high, then taking a photo while shooting video pauses the video for a couple of seconds, specifically because it's taking a high res. photo. The specs on Sanyo'sC6 english site also state that taking stills while shooting video pauses the video for two seconds. Has this changed? You can see the delay in actionin the "outdoor" videoon deeje cooley's blog.

I did read from the Japanese specs that when in candle light mode the resolution drops to VGA, I assume it's because it utilizes the "9 mixed pixels" technology to increase light sensitivity.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:41 PM   #4

A C5 owner mentioned it on one of the blogs. All he said was that the camera shoots a photo of the video, not the max pixels. Take it for what it's worth. I assume he could be incorrect. ?
Old Nov 20, 2005, 11:34 AM   #5

Only Japanese reports so far, I'm hoping Akihabara News should have an English (or at least French)report soon? (Sanyo is based not far from Akihabara) But related to stillsduring videosome guy reported on Kakaku today that he just got a C6, was using a Transcend 2GB 150x SD card and got a "system error" crashwhen taking a 6M-H (high res., least compressed) still while shooting TV-SHQ (highest quality) video. Maybe it's because of that SD card with the C6,who knows? I think hementions TV-SHQ video being very good, TV-S not so hot, as for shooting with indoor lighting,he seems to indicate that it's ok, but would be appreciated more by someone who has seen how bad the C5 performs. It's a quick report but appears to concludes that it's very good except for the price.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:51 AM   #6

Update:

Just read a month old C6 product announcement on another website that specifically stated that the C6 CAN INDEED take 6MP high rez shots while filming video. My bad.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 9:11 AM   #7

Akihabara News has just posted part oneof a mini review of the C6 on their site (at this time it's in French, I expect it will be translated shortly). In this Part I of their mini review, they have video and close up pictures of the device itself, they cover the specs, enhanced features over the C5and accessories. They have a fewtest photos and a huge 50MB (!)sample video primarily to demonstrate the zoom.Both the optical and the digital zoom are fully explored in the pictures and the video, but I don't think they had image stabilization on.Check outAkihabara News Xacti C6 mini review (Partie I) (I don't havea link to the english version yet, it wasn't up when I posted this, but it should beup soon, check the front page of Akihabara News).

EDIT: Thanks seiboshen, here's the link for everyone: Akihabara News Xacti C6 mini review part 1in English.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 3:06 PM   #8

English review is up!
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 4:20 PM   #9

and that review specifically states "optical stabilization" as opposed to electronic or digital stabilization. Who the heck knows which is correct? The cheap and dirty way to do it is electronic or digital. The best way to do it is thru the lens mechanism = optical.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 4:43 PM   #10

It's digital image stabilization, the review has some inaccuracies... welcome to the internet.