Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:23 PM   #11

I Think I know what you mean. Yow want it stress free.

Go to http://www.doom9.net. Click on dowloads, and download the "Gardian Knot Codec 1.9" pack. Install it.

This givesa spy free, virus free full codec pack.

Now use the free MP4 to avi software stated above. From here on, you'll have stress free conversion and viewing.
si133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:43 PM   #12

thanks caelum and si133 for all the adivce and info. yeah stress free anything for me would be great. i am also trying to make it stress free for the people i send video to. if i convert this the correct way with downloading all the codecs etc... the people i send the video to will have to download the codecs as well correct? is there a way to just send them files that will run in windows media player where they do not have to do anything? or should I just have them download quicktime and be done?

THANKS!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:58 PM   #13

Bart, Windows Movie maker (standard on XP)lets you convert the movie files (once in AVI format) in a variety of lower res and lower frame rate.
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:01 PM   #14

underdog55, If you want people to see video direct from the C6, in an .MP4 or an .AVI container, then yes they will need to download codecs or a player. Otherwise, you can convert them to .WMV for your friends as Iexplained to you already, a format supported by default in Windows that compresses well.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:17 PM   #15

caelum THANKS duh on me. in my not knowing what i am doing i forgot about that thread. i kind of read it days ago but didnt fully understand and kind of blew it off but i am understanding a little more now. so basically go get divx or the like and coreaac. then convert it and then use moviemaker2 to convert .wmv?

THANKS!

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
underdog55, If you want people to see video direct from the C6, in an .MP4 or an .AVI container, then yes they will need to download codecs or a player. Otherwise, you can convert them to .WMV for your friends as Iexplained to you already, a format supported by default in Windows that compresses well.
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:25 AM   #16

Windows moviemaker does not work. The only thing I get after saving the movie is a black screen with only the sound (used MP4Can2AVI to make it an avi file)

I now first opend the movie in quicktime and saved it as a *.mov file. Maybe I can now change it from*.mov to *.avi with a little program and then change the size and fps
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 9:44 AM   #17

Bart, there are many ways to edit/rencode video, lots of software available to do so, Windows Movie Maker is probably the simplest for you and if things are setup and done correctly it does work. Do you have thenecessary codecs installed? Can youview the .AVI?
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:10 AM   #18

Bart1981 wrote:
Quote:
Windows moviemaker does not work. The only thing I get after saving the movie is a black screen with only the sound (used MP4Can2AVI to make it an avi file)

I now first opend the movie in quicktime and saved it as a *.mov file. Maybe I can now change it from*.mov to *.avi with a little program and then change the size and fps
The main thing to remember is that Windows come almost without codecs, except very basic. You need to install tons of software before you can play all formats properly. Good starting point is also doom9.net.

Proper soft will allow to avoid crappy quick time player.
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:52 AM   #19

Found an other and for me easier way :?

I first save the movie as a *.mov file. After that I use AVS videoconverter for converting the video to *.avi format :-)
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote