Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 6, 2005, 2:00 PM   #1

Can anyone with a C6 tell me if it comes with SW to convert the MOV Mpg4 into AVI Mpg4.

If it does, or if you use a 3rd party SW for this which is it, and does it provide a conversion without any loss of quality.

Thanks
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2005, 4:41 PM   #2

C6 produces .MP4 files. Use open source MP4Cam2AVI to transfer to .AVI (lossless).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 6:08 PM   #3

Thanks for the info !
Old Jan 8, 2006, 3:47 PM   #4

Ok so now we have a program to conver mp4 2 avi. But is there also een good program with which you can change the resolution, change the fps etc???
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:18 PM   #5

whats the difference between using ulead 8.5 which the c6 came to convert to avi or using mp42avi to convert?

thanks
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:23 PM   #6

Bart, if you want to manipulate the video, then you will need some editing software. the more you need, the more sophisticated (and expensive) it will get.

From free SW like Movie Maker (on windows) to Imovie (on the Mac), to cheap like the provided Ulead or Pinnacle Studio, or elaborate like Adobe premiere, or professional like Combustion (Discreet).

All depends on the features you need, and the money you have :roll:
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:12 PM   #7

undurdog55 wrote:
Quote:
whats the difference between using ulead 8.5 which the c6 came to convert to avi or using mp42avi to convert?[...]
MP4Cam2AVIsimply andquickly copies theMPEG-4 video and audio streams to an .AVI, preserving full quality. ULead will re-encode the video and audio streams, therefore there will be loss of quality. But you can't avoid this if you do editing.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:16 PM   #8

Caelum thanks for the info. i downloaded mp42avi but when i converted the avi it had no video to it when playing back in windows media player. someone said i need a dvix codec. my question is how do i convert a mp4 to avi in mp42avi without the divx codec? i just want to convert from mp4 to avi easily with no loss like you mention?

THANKS!!!!

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
undurdog55 wrote:
Quote:
whats the difference between using ulead 8.5 which the c6 came to convert to avi or using mp42avi to convert?[...]
MP4Cam2AVIsimply andquickly copies theMPEG-4 video and audio streams to an .AVI, preserving full quality. ULead will re-encode the video and audio streams, therefore there will be loss of quality. But you can't avoid this if you do editing.
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:06 PM   #9

It's not that I want to add effects etc. It's just that I want to change the fps and de resolution. For example:to puta small videoon the internet. I know I can record the movies in a lower resolution and lower fps, but I want to film everything in full resolution and fps so I can also use the movies for something else instead of the internet alone.

So the main thing for me is to alter the fps and resolution. I hope this can be done with one little program.
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:18 PM   #10

underdog55, the C6 records video using the MPEG-4 Part 2 ASP standard. You need an MPEG-4 ASP codec to view it's video streams using Windows Media Player, Windows does not come with one. If you don't want Divx you can download alternative compatible codecs such as Xvid, 3ivx, etc. If you really don't want to install any codecs, thentry a player that doesn't require them such as VLC Player, then you won't need to convert to .AVI either. But with the proper codecs installed and converted to an .AVI you should be able to view and edit C6 video with almost any appropriate Windows software.