Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:36 AM   #11

So this new camera, is it a harddrive based camera?
When is the CES usually held?
I was thinking about getting the C6, now this new camera is making me think twice
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:08 PM   #12

The new Sanyo is SD based. I was most envious of the10x zoom as digital zoom leaves somewhat to be desired, but having used the C6 for acouple ofdays I believe I'd have to use a tripod anyhow to make use of it. Thestabalising can only handle so much!
Kendb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:45 PM   #13

Sanyo (Japan) today has put up the start of a mysterious new "Birth" campaign on their web site. I wonder if this is gearing up to be the unveiling of the HD1? Theytook down the Sanyo Portugal HD1 page a little while ago. Or maybe it's something else? CES is just two weeks away (Jan. 5 - 8,might it be unveiled then?

Ohhh...thisisexciting! :lol::roll:

Edit 2005-12-28: it really is starting to look like the HD1, with the pop-up flash and all, it now says "evolution" and the target date is 2006-1-11, which puts it after CES (Jan 5 - 8 )and before PMA (Feb 26 - Mar 1).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:06 PM   #14

Akihabara News looks like it's going to be one of the first to get this new baby. They have posted a blog entry about Akiba TV HD saying they will have exclusive news (and HD video)on January 11 about a new device from Sanyo, this clearlypoints tothe HD1.

By the way, most of the videosin their"Akiba TV:" blog entries have been recorded with a Sanyo C6, they just carry it around with them and when they see something interesting, likein a store, they film it. Check out their blog. Now if only they can get their review of the C6 part II out.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 8:01 PM   #15

This is great news! I'm wondering how they are going to fit 1280x720/30p on a 2GB SD card? We'll probably just have to swap SD cards.
Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:36 PM   #16

Well,basedon 3x more consumption over the Cx,with 1280x720 you should be able to record just under20 minutes per 1GB. The more I think about this model, I'm realizing we won't be obligated to utilize the full HD resolution as it will most likelyoffer lower resolution options, like perhaps 640x480. So considering the 10x zoom with larger lens, apparently better flash and let's hope the mixed pixels technology, this could be a winner.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:45 PM   #17

There's so many questions...
The biggest of them all is the street price? I say it will have to be priced 1k or less, or else nobody will adopt this HD camcorder; except for the 'well-off' who want something smaller than a sony hd camcorder.
Bob C

bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:23 AM   #18

This little gadget looks awesome, especially with the extra pop up flash...I hope the flash will actually make the stills better.

BTW, anybody know who manufactures Sanyo's lens and how good it is?
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:46 PM   #19

I believe that it is a Konica-Minolta lens.
Xacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 1:17 PM   #20

By all means, it seems a must have device! Did you notice in the Features that the Flash will have a Lamp Mode for 4 sec max. Might be a very useful feature, at least partially compensating for the lesser low-light performance.

Mindaugas

mindawgas is offline   Reply With Quote