Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:59 PM   #11

:-):-)please many photos and many videos I LOVE SANYO C6 IN BLACK
hx4700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 2:27 PM   #12

I got my black one from Warehouse123. I ordered it Sunday morning. It was delivered yesterday. I stopped reading the forum after I ordered that 2Gb 150x ADATA I posted about above; boy that was a mistake. It doesn't work with the C6.

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow at 6 am, so in a panic I ordered the Sandisk 2GB (no speed listed) for delivery today; still not here. As another backup I ordered the Patriot SD card Steve told us he is using. I'm having the Patriot shipped to my destination tomorrow; hopefully it will beat me there.

I'll let you all know if the outcome of both the Patriot and the Sandisk.

Thanks to Steve for getting back to me and running this great site.

Herb
Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 2:49 PM   #13

Uh-oh...

I just looked at the picture Steve posted. I didn't order that one... His has the 2GB written on it. Here it is at eCost: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail~dpno~585175.asp

This is what I ordered: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail~dpno~659871.asp

They are both priced the same, have the same 133x rating. Mine is called the Extreme Performance. I hope this won't make any difference. I can't seem to catch a break.

The saga continues. I'll let you know the outcome.

Herb
Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:00 PM   #14

steve wrote:
Quote:
No, it's the same aluminum used in the C5, it is just a real high gloss black finish. It might drive you nuts if you have a thing about fingerprints - maybe the gold or red would be a better choice?

with a black video ipod and psp, black was the only choice for me :-)
michelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 1:33 AM   #15

Now, they call the color "gold" but is it actually silver?
mitoziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:23 AM   #16

I ordered the Sandisk Ultra II 2GB SD card, 60x speed, from eCost.com ($165 US = $196.39 Cdn). The local Costco had it for $219 but you know what, I'm gonna just go ahead and save that $22.71 thanks! :blah:

It was more expensive than the Patriot 2GB card at $139 ($109 on sale), but I noticed something on eCost.com about the Patriot cards. If it was 1GB or smaller, the "EP" meant anything from 60x write speed to as low as 20x. But both 2GB Patriot SD cards were listed as 133x write speed (one photograph said EP, one did not). I think it is entirely possible that the card Steve shows above is an older one with 60x write speed.

Now, I think it's nuts that the C6 seems to not work with the higher-speed cards and hopefully that's a bug that gets worked out in time for the North American release. I say that because it sure would be nice to be packin' a $209 4GB card at 150x speed, and the camera workin' just fine that way! :G

You could download a full 4000 MB of video at 25 MB/s in only 160 seconds!
That's pretty darn good

As it is, I'll be able to download 2000 MB of video at 10 MB/s in 200 seconds. Somehow, I will figure out a way to live with that... :O

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote