Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 14, 2005, 4:40 PM   #1
Administrator

I ordered and recv'd a C6 from Plemix, it came very fast, like 2 working days. I am putting the review together now but it will be a while before it will be posted due to a backlog of other camera reviews and the holidays.

The C6is physically identical to the C5 in every respect. The movies are very much improved in average room light to low light thanks to higher sensitivity and new 9-pixel mixing technology. I shot a movie with C5 and C6 in average room light and the difference was like day and night ... the C5 was dark and very noisy, the C6 was bright and smooth - almost as good as a MiniDV camcorder! The still images are excellent and the only negative is the rather poor flash distance - same as C5, C4, etc. I can't really say that the Smooth Video playback option improved the already very good playback on the TV, maybe just my tired eyes.

I'll let you know when the review is going up. In the meantime, here is a still frame extract froma TV-SHQindoor movie shot in relatively lowlight, no overhead lights were turned on,just the light coming in from a small window. According to the Exif data the camera used ISO 1296. Please hold off on other questions as I just don't have time to field them right now, thanks.

Forgot to mention that I am using a Patriot brand 2GB SD card in the C6 and it works just fine, no problems at all ... so far.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2005, 4:52 PM   #2

I got mine today and I am having card problems with a 150x 2GB MyFlash by AData

Herb
Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 4:54 PM   #3

Steve,

Can you tell the exact name / model of card so I can get one overnighted from Newegg?

I need to know ASAP.

Thanks,

Herb
Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 2:01 AM   #4
Administrator

It's a Patriot 2GB SD card, got it from ecost.com

Old Dec 16, 2005, 8:38 AM   #5

Wow, that reallylooks like a review photo... wait, it is! You couldn't possibly be putting the C6 at the front of the queue, could you? :O

Edit: Doh! Sorry, you explained it at the top... it will be a while. Look at this (not yet existing) review photoofSteve's choice of camera colors... so typically male.... hey that's the expensive Sharper Image C5!?

[align=center][/align]
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:45 AM   #6
Administrator

Patience, patience ... all good reviews in time And yes, my C5 is the high-end Sharper Image model -- but I got it from a guy off of eBay and certainly didn't pay $700 for it.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:22 PM   #7

The way the light is reflecting off of the black one... is it just me, or does it kinda look like plastic?

The silver pictures they usually show look like they're an "opaque", metallic texture which I really like, where as the black one in these picture look kinda like "reflective", almost plastic-like.

Do my eyes deceive me? I'm ordering one of these soon , and had orginally intended on getting a black one, but now I'm not so sure.

mitoziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:37 PM   #8
Administrator

No, it's the same aluminum used in the C5, it is just a real high gloss black finish. It might drive you nuts if you have a thing about fingerprints - maybe the gold or red would be a better choice?
Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:38 PM   #9

please video from sanyo c6 PLEASE
hx4700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 1:56 PM   #10

Here in the US, I'd be a little wary of buying the black one. Take a look at some of the promo pics of someone pointing it at you.

Police: "Hey, I thought it was a gun..."
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote