Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 7, 2006, 4:32 PM   #91

flyn-fat-father wrote:
Quote:
BTW, I received VPC-C6 from warehouse123. it is NOT DMX.

it has REAL ENGLISH manual and EVERYTHING in U.S. spin.

FFF

Ok, I've been looking into buying a new digital camera and I've come across Sanyo's line of these cute video cameras. I've read tons of reviews and I think I know more or less the weaknesses of these cameras. But what I don't know is how to tell the difference between them. :?

Seriously though - what's the difference between VPC C6 and DMX C6?

Or between a HD1 and a HD1EX?

And another thing has been bothering me:

I'm pretty much set on getting a C6, but I do have the feeling that I might be missing something not getting the HD1, but I just can't find any decent comparisons between the two.

My reasons for choosing the C6 over the HD1:

1) availiabilty and price (in Israel I can get the C6 for under $500 but the HD1 for $1500 - which means I'll have to order it from abroad.)

2) I think the stills in the C6 are better (?)

3) I think some of the performance issues have been resolved in the C6 being a descendant of the C5, but that these issues still arise in the HD1. (?)

4) It comes in red. :G

Well, that's my -$0,02.

Avinoam

mrelfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 11:17 AM   #92

On Plemix.com............C6 around US$335 and HD1 US$575

jbat2
jbat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 3:31 AM   #93

just got mine c6 and the sandisk 2 gb mini sd works well !!!

Does anybody have 4 gb working on the c6 ??

spridget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 6:23 AM   #94

Nice to hear ! the mini SD is cheaper over here than the ordenary SD and it got better availability, more companys got them in stock..
not to mention that i can use it in other devices such as phones etc

spridget wrote:
Quote:
just got mine c6 and the sandisk 2 gb mini sd works well !!!

dregelmyller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 2:18 PM   #95

I just picked up a couple of OCZ 2GB 133x SDs (was just inSteve's Digicams breaking news) and they appear to work fine withmy C6. I was a little worried when I ordered them based on others here having bad experiences with "fast" cards. I haven't done any PC performance testing on them to confirm the 133xspeed but theywork well. I only bought them because they were CAD$58 (~US$50) in an unadvertised surprise sale (yeah, I don't get it, weird?)at NCIX. Found thesale linkat RedFlagDeals.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:02 AM   #96

Hi there:I have an Xacti6.Love the size.I purchased KINGSTON 2GB SD cards for this acmera.The video quality is muddy - just awful.Is this SD card model not compatible?WHAT card model IS best for this camera?ANY ASSISTANCE is greatly appreciated.jay in Baltimore [email protected]
jhuredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 7:46 PM   #97

spridget wrote:
Quote:
My VPC-C6 can read and write a 4GB card from Adata (150x) formatted as FAT32, except that the card must have less than 2GB free, otherwise the camcorder complains of Card Full (!).

In other words, the C6 can understand a full 4GB FAT32 file system, but some foolish programmer artificially limited the picturetaking to 2GB. Ironically, playback can accept the full 4GB.
lgmayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:29 PM   #98

does anyone know what SD Cards WORK with XACTI 6?I have a Kingston 2GB SD card and the movies are muddy and not sharp.I'm going on a trip soon and wanted a reply, please.THANKS* [email protected]
jhuredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:07 AM   #99

jhuredhead wrote:
Quote:
does anyone know what SD Cards WORK with XACTI 6?I have a Kingston 2GB SD card and the movies are muddy and not sharp.I'm going on a trip soon and wanted a reply, please.THANKS? [email protected]
Do you have any reason to blame the card? I would think that the card would either work or not work. It is much more likely that you either have a settings issue, or conceivably a problem with the camcorder itself. Under what conditions, and with what settings (all Auto?) are the movies "muddy"?

Frankly, I think you should repost your question as a new thread, so that more people will see it and answer.
lgmayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:02 PM   #100

I just ran my collection of SD card through the C6

ATP 256MB(Came with my Acer N35) = OK
Digifilm 1.0GB = OK
Kingston Elite Pro(50X) 1 GB = OK
Kingston 512MB Standard = OK
Noname 128MB SD = Dosn't work(probably bad card, only thing so far that reads it are my PC card readers)

Attached Images

Lagmo is offline   Reply With Quote