Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 21, 2006, 9:27 AM   #61

sorry about that last post just wondering if the sandisk 1gb memory flash card will work with the C6

please say yes cause I have already ordered
westcoastmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:06 PM   #62

the noise seems to be the focus... when I set focus to manual or put the lens cover on I don't here the rattle... anybody hear this?
alanhecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:07 PM   #63

Nope, my motorized focus is very quiet. Maybe your camera got a good thunk during shipping & didn't fare well? Contact thecompany whichsold you the camera & let 'em know right away, hopefully you can get it replaced. Did you buy with a credit card that has purchase protection? If so, they should look after you even if the vendor does not.
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:33 PM   #64

my zoom was really quiet, untill i droppd it onto concrete. now it have a functional, but grindy sounding zoom.

anybody know of a firmware upgrade that will enable 4GB SDcards?
antran7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:48 PM   #65

pqi 150x 2Gb not working.

Ridata 66x 1Gb works fine.

VPC-C6 from Prestige Camera.
Hoppo300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:56 AM   #66

Thanks to know Ridata 1GB (66x)works. Has anyone tried RiData 2GB with 120X Speed? Would it work for the C6? Between RiDataand Sandisk, which one you would recommend?
byllui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 6:55 PM   #67

:?Any suggestion about which SD Card Reader/writer to buy to be compatible with 2GB Card between 66x to 133x Speed?
byllui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:07 PM   #68

FIlmchick wrote:
Quote:
Adata 60x SD Card works. The 150x "Turbo Speed" card does not. Same brand, different speed.

can someone verify if the mini sd version of the Adata 60x works?

NotoriousBGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:47 PM   #69

As a new member to this discussion (a very useful one) and a 2 week owner of the (import version) of the vpc c6, would anyone happen to know if the faster sd cards (ultra 2 or other) would give faster performance on the vpc c6? While the quality of the stills and video isfine for my home family use, I like to know if anyone has figured out how to reduce the multisecond video drop out as a still is being acquired? So, not compatibility, nor transer rate to a PC, but speed in the camera?

I can already see that 4gigs would be great!

Has anyone transferred files to a device smaller than a laptop (external harddrive, MP3 jukebox,one-touch extrenal dvd drive)?

Familyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:42 AM   #70

i find it ridiculous that we have to investigate what SD/mini SD card works on this thing. an SD card is an SD card. sanyo should have known that there are different speed variations out there. it's more annoying from my side of the world because no store in australia sells this and most sellers in ebay aren't very helpful.

and also what's up with the 2gb limit? is it going to blow up another 1000 man hours of engineering development to meet this requirement?
NotoriousBGC is offline   Reply With Quote