Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:10 PM   #101

Well - it arrived today!* The vintage silver VPC model:* it is so beautiful, infinitely better than any web pics suggest.* It is perfect.* Now I have to wait until tomorrow to buy it a 2gig card (didn't dare risk buying in advance in case it didn't work).So far I am really impressed with it.* It feels great to hold, and really beautifully made.I've spent tonight RTFM-ing, something I rarely do
istara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:20 PM   #102

enjoy it and have fun with it. i know how you feel!!!!!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 12:14 PM   #103

TNN wrote:
Quote:
Slave flash note
I tested Hama's slave flash trigger, aka "Synchromat", with the C6 and a Vivitar 550 flash. You need to increment exposure correction by one or two notches to ensure the camera's shutter stays open long enough.
Hama's slave flash trigger:
http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*...ch*06967?lid=2
This "synchronizer" is very cool! Can you recommmend/point to messager thread about what flash is good to have with it? I'm looking for something around $30-40... That should be a very nice addition to c6.

Thanks!
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 12:16 PM   #104

Is the firmware upgradable?
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:44 AM   #105
TNN

Androxylo: The reason I bought the Hama "sychnromat" is that I had that Vivitar 550 flash sleeping in a drawer for the past 15 years. If you have to purchase a flash, I'd recommend that you purchase one that is powerful and hinged to use as a bounce flash, e.g. the Vivitar DF 200: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=&ci=11878
The ability to mount the flash to a flexpod is great for selfportraits when travelling. I love the C6's night view mode.
TNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:01 AM   #106

I am disapointed by the c6..mainly for indoor pics which are not as good as those taken with my "old" Fuji 2Mpixel. I have tried many settings ...no big success ! I am not an expert and I can appreciate good technical advices and ...the Steve's test.
carlos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 1:33 PM   #107

One thing you can do to improve the result in low light, is to use Photoshop and a good noise reduction software. The 2 best around right now are Noise ninja and Neat image, I would actually recommend Noise Ninja (link below), it has amazing results and a very intuitive user interface as well as the possibility to create a profile for each camera (many are already done).

http://www.picturecode.com/

You can download the application or better the Photoshop plug in (if you have Photoshop) and try it for free. Until you buy it, it will create a grid on the image when you save it, but you can see the image on the computer without the grid, and you can easily remove the gridwith Photoshop if you want to print.
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 11:46 AM   #108

Hm! That Noise Ninja looks like a really good program, I must try that out. I read the description about "halo" effect and false edges, those are things I have noticed that tend to show up on other cameras. So there is some kind of noise reduction going on with any camera, I would expect.. it would be so handy if this high quality algorithm was included in-camera though. But I can see this helping me rescue all my low-light stills taken so far, so that's good.
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:55 AM   #109

Bart1981 wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm I found out something strange.
When you are filming in low light ereas, put the scene selection to fireworks and you'll see this improves the film quality a lot!
Have you tested this further? I do not really see any significate improvement. The video is recorded at 30 frames a seconds, ajusting the exposure and the apature could change things, but would require a sensitive CCD to make sure noise kept done.
deal2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:14 PM   #110

Goldy wrote:
Quote:
Thanks TNN.

So I guess with a C6 one would have to hold the flash? I do not believe that there is a hot-shoe.

Thanks!
Many pocket cameras require additional flash. This is satisfied by use of slave flash eg DF200. Normally you get a small bracket that is compatible with a tripod fitting. So you screw your camera to it and add the flash to it, so look like one of those old time cameras, for videos you can add a battry operated light (I have this set up). I bought the bracket (L-shape) and video light from jessops (UK). Having the flash away from the camera will reduce the possibilty of redeye. These slave falsh fire of the infr red given of from your built in flash. I have ordered a salve flash and await its delivery.
deal2live is offline   Reply With Quote