Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:42 AM   #171

I have noticed on several C6 clips that bright point light sources generate vertical lines. Any idea what is going on? Is it due to the architecture of the CCD i.e. is it a column fail from over exposure?

Paul
paulplatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 5:15 AM   #172

Yes, I think this is mentioned in the manual. Its something to do with the way CCD's handle bright light, so its not a malfunction.
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:52 AM   #173

Ah yes, page 33, point 3.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:36 AM   #174

Actuelly it was not in a big EuroTechno club. It was at a big party here in the Netherlands called, Trance Energy. 1 time in the year this party is hold. 30.000 people were inside
It's really hard to keep the camera still when standing between that many people.

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Bart1981 wrote:
Quote:
As I told you all before I bought the C6 so I could take it to big parties, etc. Well I did that last saturday. I think the C6 didn't do it's job bad at all.[...]
There's some noise and some "fast movement blocks" because the lights flash so fast that the image is everchanging, butit's actually muchbetter than I would have expected for video taken in a nightclub. Pretty good. The last one where the lights are on, it looksbright, you cansee the people well, butthe camera wasreally moving a lot. :GWhere is this amazingly hugeEurotechno club? Thanks for sharing those Bart. (A couple of the files I got from filefactory had little hickups in them, the big one from megaupload came down fine.
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 1:19 AM   #175

I just benchmarked the digital power batt. It only gave about 44 mins continuous run time.

The factory batt, though rated lower, ran about 70+ mins.
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:52 AM   #176

How bizarre! Twice the mah, but only 2/3rds the run time....that's a bit of a bum deal!
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 4:11 PM   #177

mc_oliver wrote:
Quote:
I just benchmarked the digital power batt. It only gave about 44 mins continuous run time.

The factory batt, though rated lower, ran about 70+ mins.
Maybe voltage is slightly different? The camera will shut down when voltage goes below sertain watermark. It doesn't know at all if battery is in fact empty.

If anyone know a battery model that fits c6, has better capacity and is awailable on eBay - that would be great! Do you know any compatibility chart to find other compatible brands?
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:53 AM   #178

Hi,

Just received Sanyo, Sandisk 2 GD Ultra IISD Card and Sandisk 5-in-1 Card Reader/Writer. Took some video clips. Transferred&saved ontomy laptop's hard drive. The laptop is brand new & powerfuland comes with Dell's Media Center, etc. Cannot open the video clips under "My Picture or "My Video" folderuntil I installed the Sanyo Software Pack (2 disks). After installation, I can view these video clips via "Quick Time Player" in a small screen within the screen of the laptop.

My questions are:

1) Any ideas why I cannot viewthese video clipsunder "My Picture" or "My Video"folder of the laptop's Media Center in full screen. I have a 17-inch screen laptop with great graphic & colors.

2) Is is normal & the only way that I have to view the video clips via "Quick Time Player"? Is it because the video clips are inMPEG-4 Format, and is not compatible with the laptop's video format?

3) Any way that I can convert these clips in MPEG-4 Format to VCD or DVD?

Any comments and syugestions?

By the way, the still pictures and video are very sharp.

Thanks. :lol:

byllui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:57 PM   #179

You can find the answers to your questions and more if you go through the various thread of this forum.

As a quick summary, C6 files are in mpeg4 format, inside a quicktime container. To play them you either need quicktime, or convert them to an AVI container, and have an mpeg4 capable codec (DIVX or XVID) to play them with Windows based player.

To convert them to AVI you use a freeware calles mp4cam2avi available at

http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/

You can put quicktime full screen but ultimately you will have better results on windows with an AVI file played with a windows based player and a DIVX codec.

You will find all the details for codecs, DVD creation etc in the various thread of this forum.

Happy reading
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 2:29 PM   #180

Please also download codecs and few players from doom9.net.

I have unmodified Xacti c6 flics played on my PC without any QuickTime installed, full screen. QuickTime is not a good player.
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote