Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 20, 2005, 7:26 PM   #31

OK, one more video to share. This one is of my 5-year old daughter and a friend singing a Christmas carol. Difficult lighting situation because one of them was standing in direct sunlight and the other in the shade. After this one, I'll stop clogging the internet with my files and leave it to other new C6 owners to share their shots. BTW, this file is a bit larger and will probably take 7-8 minutes to download.

http://rapidshare.de/files/9547004/SANY0036.MP4.html

gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 9:54 PM   #32

Thanks again gusher1, you've certainlymade your contribution, much appreciated. That video's quality looks really good and the camera managed very well given the dramatic light differences. We've seen quite a few low light ones, when there is more light it looksmuch better. Near 35MB came down surprisingly fast for me, ~110KB/s, Germany's information highway must be clear since it's the wee hours over there.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 4:30 AM   #33

HI I BUY SANYO C6 IT ARRIVED MONDAY

I´D LIKE MORE VIDEO AND PHOTO WITH

with distant planes and things in movement
hx4700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 7:29 AM   #34

Here in The Netherlands the C6 is now slowly introduced. Think it's a eal must have gadget. Really thinking of buying this small camera. Not for it's outstanding preformance but because of how small it is. And I think even though it's a small camera, for it's size it makes pretty good shots.

Thin I'm going to use it with big indoor parties we have here. So if anyone has some examples of movies which are made at indoor parties, with lasers, etc, I would really like to see those
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:10 AM   #35

bart, hahah, you mean indoor raves? Oh man, if I had this camera 7-8 years ago when I was partying I think all my friends and half of San Francisco would be in jail by now... lol
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 12:56 PM   #36

I have question, which I hope won't be considered offtopic. The Xacti C6 camera is, probably, for those of us who need 70% movie and 30% photo usage, because it has probably the best movie mode among hybrids with decent photo mode, but it trails pure photo cameras in its photo capabiliites.

So my question is: could you please redirect me to other models/forums where the alternative camera for those of us who need 70% photo and 30% movies are discussed? I mean, is there any camera with acceptable but not necessary good video, but perfect, wonderful still mode?

Exilim EX-S500http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...s/ex-s500.html
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:51 PM   #37

In my research, the Canon cameras had the best quality video but they ate up a bunch of memory. Personally I was looking at the Canon IS S2 but decided on the c6 instead
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:54 PM   #38

Andoxylo, you probably should ask the question in the "What camera should I buy" forum. Many models do good photos andok video, and it will constantly change as new models come out. How about the Canon series, like the S2 IS, or the pocket ones? They do good video and photos, of course it's MJPEG video sorecording time is limited. Have you seen the Casio S500's sample video in Steve's review? It's quite poor. The newer Casios seem ok, but they also use the lessefficient codecs Microsoft MPEG-4 v.1.1 and PCM audio, and again Steve's video samplesshow thatthey might strugglewith handling movement, which is one of the C6's strong points. But if you want just ok video, then a lot ofmodels should fit the bill.I think the C6(also based on the C5's) photos look great, the flashmight bean issue, but what's the full storyfor other ultra-compact's flashes?
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 2:03 PM   #39

You know, I wish the Sanyo had a trigger for an auxiliary flash.

I used to have a Canon AE1 which had no built-in flash at all, and when I got an external flash it took fantastic flash photography. Sure, the flash was bulky, but if I didn't need it I just took it off!

Somebody mentioned there's avideo lampthat can connect to the tripod mount, that sounds like agood solution. I just wish there was a provision forauxiliary flash, I think that'd solve all the problems with these Xacti models.
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:10 PM   #40

Ha ha, I found an answer to my own question.
"DigiSlave"
http://www.srelectronics.com/

Why Do You Need a Special Flash for a Digital Camera?

Most popular digital camera lines have inadequate flash systems and lack a connector for use with an external flash. Ordinary slave units will not work with most digital cameras because these cameras use a very rapid series of pre-flashes (we're not talking about red-eye reduction). The pre-flashes are used to set the white balance of the camera's image sensor chip - not the exposure. A typical slave unit will fire on the pre-flash it senses while the digital camera captures the image on the last flash. Thus, the extra light from the slave does not show up in the digital camera photo.

Our slave flash units are specially designed to fire on the correct flash sensed by their built in optical sensor and circuitry, thus solving the digital camera flash problem. The Digi-Slave PRO, the Deluxe 3000, and the dual mode DSF-1s feature a switch on the back which allows the user to select between the two different triggering modes used by different digital camera models. This allows them to be used with any camera on the market. The new RF-50 Ring Flash has built in digital slave circuitry and needs only to be screwed on to the lens threads of your camera (specify camera when ordering). It's great for shadow free macro work such as dental and catalog photography. And since our slave flash products have built in digital slave circuitry, no electrical connection to the camera is required.

Using an Olympus D600L, the first photo was taken with no flash, the second with camera only flash, and third with the DSF-1 added.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote