Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:17 AM   #51

Thanks for the feedback, not having an SD to play with kinda sucks. I stupidly requested the C6 manual using an e-mail address that can't receive large attachments... it bounced. Doh!

Funny, Warehouse123 is like a box of chocolates...
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:24 PM   #52
Administrator

For those of you that want or need it, here's the C6 manual in English:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/dl/sanyo_vpc-c6.pdf

It's about 2.8MB in size.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:02 PM   #53

i cant believe u would pay $230 for a sd card. that's like 1/2 the cost of the c6 itself. i got the sandisk ultra II *used* off ebay for like $140, still dont know if it works cuz im waitin for my black c6 from warehouse123.com- which i learned just now will probably bed dmx model -dammitÂ*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/demon3.gif[/img]
killahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:29 PM   #54

Well wait a sec, $230 is the store cost for the 2GB card in Canadian currency.

I got the same card from ecost.com for $165 USD = $200 Canadian, exchanged/taxed/dutied/delivered, but no arrival until tomorrow (or next Tuesday, perhaps). I'd pay $165 US any day for a new card over $140 US for a used one off eBay.

I'monly thinking ofbuying the Costco one tomorrow if my mail order one doesn't show up tomorrow, and only to use temporarily for the weekend (then return it for a refund).

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:20 PM   #55

Got my silver VCP C6 yesterday. I am extremely satisfied with it. It takes great pictures with the proper lighting and the video is very good as well. I am using the normal sandisk 1gb SD card with no problems at all. I will post some videos that I took soon. FYI, I also got mine from 123wherehouse with no problems.
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:26 PM   #56

Handy purchase idea:

When you get the camera, it comes with one base adapter and one plug-in adapter. Each one has a tiny USB-type plug plus a DC plug which connects to the A/C wall adapter. You also get two cords, one is a USB cord to connect to the computer, the other is an A/V cord which connects to the TV or video recorder.

What I would recommend is to connect the base mount to the TV with the A/V cord, and the plug-in adapter to the computer with the USB cord. That way, you won't be switching cords and adapters and needlessly wearing out those plugs.

So to make this work, I recommend buying another A/C adapter, but the one that comes with the C5 (includes an integratedbattery charger), plus a spare battery. That way you can charge the camera using eitherthe video or the computer connection. A spare battery is just an obvious idea to me, and according to Steve any Li-ion clone will probably suffice. But I'd buy the Sanyo A/C adapter for the C5 because not only is it a stand-alone charger for a battery, but it can power the second connection. Remember, the package comes with only one A/C adapter but two connecting devices.

Just a thought. Furthermore, I'm also not planning on buying another SD card for additional storage, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a photobank device instead.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:50 PM   #57

i got my black c6 this afternoon from warehouse123.com n it is a VPC-C6EX so i dont know why u got a DMX model Grunchy. well not like it makes much of a difference. they must be shipping different models down at warehouse123. but u know what sucks tho, i got the european power adapter. crap
killahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:18 AM   #58
Administrator

Grunchy wrote:
Quote:
So to make this work, I recommend buying another A/C adapter, but the one that comes with the C5 (includes an integratedbattery charger), plus a spare battery. That way you can charge the camera using eitherthe video or the computer connection. A spare battery is just an obvious idea to me, and according to Steve any Li-ion clone will probably suffice. But I'd buy the Sanyo A/C adapter for the C5 because not only is it a stand-alone charger for a battery, but it can power the second connection. Remember, the package comes with only one A/C adapter but two connecting devices.

When my C6 review is posted there is special mention that Sanyo states in the C6 manual to NOT use the C5 charger base with the C6 or vice-versa. The batteries are the same but apparently not the docking connector or something in the camera. There is no problem using the C5standalonebattery charger with the batteryfrom any of the Xacti media cameras (C1, C4, C5, C6).
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:08 PM   #59

Steve,

No names necessary, but I'm wondering if there are ANY tiny cameras out there that you would consider capable of taking GOOD indoor pics with average-to-low lighting?
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:21 PM   #60

Steve, yeah, good point. There are three (four) parts for the charger base: first, the base itself, which interfaces with the plug at the bottom of the camera; the AC adapter which plugs into the charger base and provides DC power to charge the battery; and the AC power cord which plugs into the wall outlet. A fourth part would be either the USB cord which connects the base to the computer, or the A/V cord which connects the base to the TV or video recorder.

My point is, the AC adapter from the C5 has an integrated battery charger in it, so it can charge up a spare battery at the same time as charging up the battery in the camera. The C5 and the C6 both use the same DB-L20 battery, so I know that AC adapter from the C5 will work with the C6. But you're right, the charger base itself, which the cameradocks into, is a different configuration between C5 and C6 and is not interchangeable.