Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 23, 2005, 12:22 PM   #61

Thanks for pointing that out Steve and for making the manual available. (Ah yes, Grunchy, I see, just the AC adapter shoud be ok). Have a good holiday and a good rest.

killahb, check the middle of page 2 of this threadfor the post by DRDJDesi, he simply replaced the power cord.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 1:39 PM   #62

i broke down and finally ordered the black version of the c6 from warehouse (too bad its back ordered) cannot wait to get it.

thanks all for the great info on this site.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

ud
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 1:45 AM   #63

thanksĀ*Caelum, but i bought an universal converter - only like 2 bucks. underdog, when i ordered my c6 off warehouse it said backordered too but i still got it in 3 days after the guy calls u to confirm ur address. so i dont think it'll be backordered.
killahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:54 AM   #64

killahb thanks for the info. cannot wait to get this thing!!!

undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:17 PM   #65

I got a black one from 123warehouse and it was a VPC, I guess you just got hosed WHen I ordered, i specifically typed in "This order is for a VPC as advertised, NOT the DMX. I dunno if that madea difference......
DRDJDesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:40 AM   #66

I have a few questions that I wasn't able to find out the answers after doing some googling.

Who manufactures Sanyo's lens?
It seems to me that all of the sample original samples of the C6 seem somewhat grainy at least compared to the pics of a Canon SD300, is that true or was it the browser or something?

Thanks
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 8:50 PM   #67

Will be recieving my C6 from warehouse123.com sometime this week, getting very excited.

BUT, does anyone know if the C6 is threaded to accept a screw-on lens? Any other ways to attach say a wide-angle / fisheye lens??? I found some magnetically attached lenses, but they seem a little sketchy. Any ideas?

Danka
double0jimb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:08 AM   #68

Got DMX-C6 from Japan on ebay.

In auto white balance mode, incandescent scenes look reddish. Color is better/accurate in Incandescent mode, however, color is incorrect when flash is used.

If flash isnot used, color remains correct (in Incand. mode) however, shutter speeds are so low that it is difficult to get a steady/sharp photo.

Situation improves if light level is really bright. but that's usually not the case in general home lighting.

Color situation is same in movie mode.

Anyone else noticing this???
chanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:51 PM   #69

Hi All,

Got a VPC-C6 (gold) from broadway a couple of weeks ago - love it for the portability factor. Have 2 toddlers and _finally_ have something that canslip in a pocket (or diaper bag!), can be quickly grabbed, and almost instantly be able to record in order to catch those unexpected moments. Only takes a millisecond to put back up, too (auto-on and off when you flip open the LCD), which is necessary with the mini-tornados... Also, I have a Tablet PC, so I can just pop in the SD card to view/backup the pictures and videos, and/or to clear space on the SD card. (FYI - QuickTime is jerky for me viewing the MP4's as well; Using Media Player with free 3ivx codec and it's perfectly smooth)

I'm running into one problem - gusher1 seemed to run into it in his post on that 17-page thread on the C6: Unless I have the lens cap off and I'm pointing the camera at something _not_ close up when I open the LCD, the camera won't focus on anything at full wide angle. If I turn it off and then back on, it works fine (is this thing running Windows?). It's reproducible,but alsofixable in a second or two. Trying the manual focus, changing settings, etc. doesn't do anything, although sometimes I can zoom in and it will focus, but stops when zooming back out.

It's like it picksa focus set point when it turns on, and it won't deviate from that regardless of what it's actually looking at. Has anyone run into this, or could theytry to reproduce it?
EnderrWiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 5:33 PM   #70

Thanks for the info, Wiggin.

Just out of curiosity, how would you regard the indoor pics at average to low indoor lighting? The pics I've seen so far look very soft, and the colors have looked pretty washed out. Actually, I back to mulling over the Canon SD450 and Sony T-9.

Thanks for your opinions and contributions.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote