Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 19, 2005, 7:13 PM   #1

Apparently Sanyo France is including a 1GB SD with the C6 (fromAkihabara News' forum). The inclusion and size of SD cards varied from market to market with the C5. I wonder what the North American market will get, if any? (was this just an excuse to get the discussion going again? ...:G)

Note: this thread is the continuation of thread Sanyo Xacti DMX-C6!!
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2005, 7:57 PM   #2

Speaking of Akihabara, I am somewhat disappointed that they haven't followed up with Part 2 of their C6 review. It's been almost a month since the first post... I'm beginning to wonder if Steve is going to beat them to the punch.
bst_photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:22 PM   #3

Caelum, after that 2nd to last reply of yours, I've gotta take issue with your claim of not knowing much about photography. Modest would be somewhat of an understatement.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:07 PM   #4

theranman, no, I really don't know much about photography. I do work with computer graphics (3D & 2D CGI) and video and am a programmer analyst, so it's almost strictly IT knowledge...although I do haveaverage "tourist" digital photography experience.:G
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:45 PM   #5

(temporarily off topic)

Caelum,

Well, if you're half as good with CGI as you are with photography, you should be able to answer THIS easy question;

Why does cgi motion of movie critters in motion STILL SUCK?!..ie..Spiderman swinging down the street, dinosaurs, King Kong, etc.
Standing still, everybody looks great. Make 'em move, and it looks totally fake. Do they STILL not know how to model beings in motion...jumping, walking, etc.?
Old Dec 20, 2005, 7:58 AM   #6

theranman, er yeah, this is really off topic, I'll refer you to the discussion boards at CGsociety, CGtalk. But the short answer is that despite all of the motion capture going on it's still animators that complete by hand (keyframing) the movements of CG characters. Ourbrains accept the animated movements of 'comic' characters (i.e. Pixar movies) becausethey're fictional and generally simplified. For real people or creatures it's more difficult for the animators because they now look so real,down to the slightest detail, that our brains detect any movement anomallies, down to the slightest detail. It will only get better as animators and motion capture get help fromsoftware simulators that will handle some of the details,take for example facialsoft tissuesimulation in Softimage's Face Robot. Don't you be dissin' CGI now! You've got to admit that King Kong's facialmovements wereextraordinary.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 8:30 AM   #7

Like I said, everything BUT the body movement is great. Kong's facial movement was indeed superb.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:50 AM   #8

Kong's facial expressions were great! Can't wait to see the superheroes in X3 come to life.

2nd of all, all the videos that people have been posting have been great. I am really impressed with the c6. Sure it doesn't look as good as a minidv or dedicated digicam, but for it's size and portability, this camera can capture all the moments that would otherwise not been documented.

Can someone please post some video of some althletic feats? I would like to film martial artists, football players, and my dogs and I want to make sure that there isn't a lot of blur when the camera is filming fast motion.

Also, I recall someone saying that any jaggies or little jumps in these quicktime videos is due to the processing power that Quicktime eats up. On my computer there is very little jumping or noise but there is some. I am using a standard issue work laptop so I can't see it as being that powerful. For those of you that have higher horse power computers, are the videos silky smooth with no jumping when the camera pans left to right?
seiboshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 10:59 AM   #9

Diego Sanchez!
Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:19 AM   #10

seiboshen, I don't have any skipping or jumping, playback of pans are smooth. I have an Athlon64 3500+ and an Ati X800 video card. The video card does play a part for DirectDraw (DirectX/DirectShow) acceleration at least.

WAIT, OH! I just tried playing Filmchick's videos in Quicktime 7 for WinXP andthey did kind of stuttervery briefly at the beginningand the sound is all screwy, like it has a vibrato effect?! Sound is badin Quicktime for me. I haven't been using Quicktime to play .MP4s, instead I've beenusing Media Player Classic and it doesn't stutter at all and the sound is perfectly fine, sounds great. Perhaps you should try Media Player Classic (might need an AAC codec) or VLC Media player (don't need codecs) to play .MP4 files? Or convert them to .AVI using MP4Cam2AVI?

Edit: I rebooted to make sure nothing else was interfering and I can confirm that when I play Filmchick's videos with Quicktime7 (7.0.2, I don't have 6.5)in WinXP, especially the Starbuck's one,the sound has an annoying vibrato effect. This does not happen if I don't use Quicktime to view the video.