Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 3, 2006, 2:47 PM   #11

The same problem here I got Sanyo dmx-c6 and it is not recognized in windowsxp sp2. When I sit the camera on the cradle the women tells me it is recognized as usb connection not a camera.

Anyone figured it out the way to get this camera to work in windowsxp.

thanks.!
remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:19 PM   #12

Hmm here (win xp pro SP2) the Sanyo DMX C6 is not recognised. When I put the camera in the cradle nothing happens. The woman does not say a thing. I actually can choose between PC-camera, etc. But when I choose something, nothing happens.

Also the Sanyo doe snot appear in the windows explorer.

Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:46 PM   #13

Steve:

How is your DMX-C6 working as a camera in windowsXP ?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:28 PM   #14

problem solved ....

sit your camera on the cradle with screen open menu should pop which let you choose how you want to connect camera to your pc

--card reader
--pictbridge
--pc camera
--cancel

select camera and you are set

cheers! :idea:
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:50 PM   #15

not 100% satisfied yet....

I would like to be able to see that selection menu on computer screen.........when I sit camera with screen closed menu pops up on computer screen but there is no option for camera
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:57 AM   #16

This does not work for me.
Maybe because I already have a webcam installed???

remi wrote:
Quote:
problem solved ....

sit your camera on the cradle with screen open menu should pop which let you choose how you want to connect camera to your pc

--card reader
--pictbridge
--pc camera
--cancel

select camera and you are set

cheers! :idea:
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:22 PM   #17

For those who can not get the webcam to work, I did post the driver files listed by my device manager a few posts up. If you are daring, you can try to install them yourself.

As for plugging in the C6 and nothing happening, I had the same problem when I first recieved mine. Ever since that first day, I have not had a problem with it, it has worked perfectly.

The only thing I think I did different to get it to work was to let the camera sit for a few seconds once you place it in the cradle, then select what mode you want to use. Doesn't make sense to me, but it appeared to help.
double0jimb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:10 PM   #18

I already downloaded the dirver files. But Already had them all in the specified maps.

Really don't know why it does not work. Looks like windows just never sees that the cradle with the C6 is connected. Not only the camera does not work, but also in windows there appears no removable drive for the C6. The only way for me to get the files on the computer is by putting the SD card in my cardreader installed on the computer.

Strange, really strange.
double0jimb0 wrote:
Quote:
For those who can not get the webcam to work, I did post the driver files listed by my device manager a few posts up. If you are daring, you can try to install them yourself.

As for plugging in the C6 and nothing happening, I had the same problem when I first recieved mine. Ever since that first day, I have not had a problem with it, it has worked perfectly.

The only thing I think I did different to get it to work was to let the camera sit for a few seconds once you place it in the cradle, then select what mode you want to use. Doesn't make sense to me, but it appeared to help.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:27 PM   #19

Bart,

Have you tried using the C6 to TV cables yet? When mine was not connecting to the computer, it was also not recognizing the TV. When connected to the TV, the light on the Camera turns orange, and none of this was happening.

Strangly, after using it for a couple of days andcharging it, I was about tocontact Sanyo about what I thought was a bad USB cord, and decided to try connecting it to the TVone last time. Sure enough it worked! Then I took it straight over to the computer, and it worked there too. Very bizarre.

So maybe give it a few more tries, and see if it will connect to the TV.

I think it isa problem with the camera not talking with whatever you are connecting it to. I dont think the problem lies with your computer or operating system.
double0jimb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:36 PM   #20

how do I go about installing those drivers that you poseted before.....are those drivers for Sanyo c6 ?

.....for now camera is working with flipped open screen .....still have 2 selecect from camera screen /camera option/

but please windowXP show me the menu with camera when sit my camera in the cradle