Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:07 AM   #21

I solved the problem.

I updated the cardreader hardware. My cardreader also included 3 usb ports. After the update it finally did recognize the C6.

Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:15 AM   #22

How did you update cardreader hardware?
remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:55 AM   #23

Well actually I updated the firmware. Sorry for the confusion
My cardreader in my computer also has 3 usb ports. After the firmware update the C6 was recognized. Haven´t got a clue why, because my iAudio X5L (= mp3 player) was recognized even before the firmware update, and that also goes by a cradle which is connected to an usb port.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 12:33 PM   #24

so you updated usb drivers on your computer and when you sit camera on the craddle you get pop menu on the computer where you can choose /camera/ transfer files and etc?

where did you get latest usb drivers?
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:24 PM   #25

The firmware I got from the Medion.com site.

But I don´t think it works for other computer. Because this firmware was specially made for the kind of cardreader I have in my computer. This cardreader also includes 3 usb and 1 firewire port.

Right now I´m not in at my own place, but if I am, I can upload the files, but I don´t think they are of any use to you. But you can give it a shot.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:38 AM   #26

My sanyo dmx-c6 does not want to work with me......

I sit on the craddle and all hear is pc connection mode.....and menu pops to transfer files.....

come on show me menu with all options everytime I connect to pc including camera!!!!

Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:57 PM   #27

What windows do you have? XP with SP2 installed? You put the camera in the cradle with the screen open? Try to push the button on the cradle, maybe this solves the problem?

remi wrote:
Quote:
My sanyo dmx-c6 does not want to work with me......

I sit on the craddle and all hear is pc connection mode.....and menu pops to transfer files.....

come on show me menu with all options everytime I connect to pc including camera!!!!

Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:49 PM   #28

I have latest windowsXP with sp2 installed. When I placed camera on the cradle with screen closed and select camera on the craddle ---> menu appears on computer screen 'Welcome to the Scanner and Camera wizard'. When I click on next it shows me all the pictures movies stored on my memory card....I can select which I want then transfer to a folder. No option there to choose camera at all ...

Now if I put camera with screen open and select camera on the craddle ----> menu appeares on camera screen with options:

CARD READER

PictBridge

PC CAMERA

CANCEL

I can then select camera either with remote control or using jog on the camera. Only by doing so I can initilize camera and then camera iappears in CONTORL PANEL inside \anners and camers\.

Old Jan 8, 2006, 3:55 PM   #29

remi, I don't understand why you are making anissue about the screen needing to be open toselect the Web Cam feature. Face it, the mostcommon use of the USB connection will be "Card Reader" mode, this is the default if you don't open the screen. Otherwise, howdo you expect to select what USB mode to use if the screen is closed? The USB device (camera) has to tell the PC what kind of device it is, not the other way around.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 4:09 PM   #30

why it cant detect as a storage device and camera at the same time?